C-Body Headers

LangdonFury

Reaction score
Hey there
Does anyone know anything about the TTI prefabricated headers?

I own a Canadian built 67' Plymouth Fury III with a factory 318 poly.
The headers from TTI fit up to a 66' C-Body car.
I believe this is only because the 318 Poly was not available in 67' Fury III models made in the USA.
I called TTI to ask them about it & if the would fit, but they knew nothing!

They are pretty much the same car from 66' to 67' are they not?

Thanks!

Hey there

I believe this is only because the 318 Poly was not available in 67' Fury III models made in the USA.

Thanks!
If they fit a '66, they will fit a '67.

If they fit a '66, they will fit a '67.
Well that's sort of what I thought.
I was surprised they didnt know & didin't even seem too interested in helping me find out!
Anyhow justed wanted to make sure before soending $800 - $900 on them.

Thanks!

The issue of the differences or similarities between USA and Canadian versions of Chrysler's products is something many vendors might not be educated on. In some cases, they are not interested in finding out, either, by observation. Decreases "confusion" for their customer service people, too.

Now, could they expand their website illustrations so a customer could decide for themselves which engine family is in their car? Certainly. Plus some dialogue about what Canadian cars had in which model years, too. AND a way to determine, by VIN or otherwise, how to determine if the car was produced for the Canadian market, but is now residing "south of the border". By providing some of that information could also make their website a place for people to research these things AND possibly gain them some customers and better product ID? Of course, they would need to list their sources for this information.

Here's something I discovered many years ago, in the repro parts realm of things. I have a '68 Buick LeSabre. The body mount rubbers have a casting number on them which is the same part number as for a Chevrolet Impala of that same model year. Buick parts sources did not have those parts, but they were in repro for the Chevrolets. Ask one of the Chevy repro vendors if their body mount cushions will work on a similar-body Buick and the answer will be "No". Probably the same thing on a new fuel tank, too, except on the fuel tank a matching sending unit might be needed, too. AND, if you might try to "educate" them, whom are they going to believe? The company they work for or some other random person on the other end of a phone line (or in person)? Default mode is "the catalog". THAT is probably why TTI did not seem more interested in your information. Same thing with a random swap meet seller, too.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Well that's sort of what I thought.
I was surprised they didnt know & didin't even seem too interested in helping me find out!
Anyhow justed wanted to make sure before soending $800 - $900 on them.

Thanks!
I called and asked years ago, and they said that 65-73 was the same in terms of fitment, nothing changed under the car to interfere with the headers. Maybe they got a new guy who hasn't yet learned about that.

Yes seems logical that they may not be familiar with every "fitment".

Not sure if I am wasting $ by purchasing the damn things with it only being the factory 318 poly engine in it still with only 21,000miles....but will give it a nicer sound if full duel exhaust is installed.

If nothing else, you could do the undercar part and get a good muffler shop to do the connection to the factory exh manifolds. Would certainly be better than what could have been under it, I suspect.

CBODY67

If you give them the manifold casting numbers, they can set you up with a manifold back system, you shouldn't even need to tell them the year of the vehicle.

Oh yes but its based out engine mount and transmission locations too....not just on the exhaust manifolds
Anyhow....Im sure will all work out in the end.

Hey there

Thanks!
might check these guys too before if you want

Engine swap solutions for your classic Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth

Oh im not looking to swap out a motor when ut only has 21,000miles on it & it runs fine
Thanks though.

Oh im not looking to swap out a motor when ut only has 21,000miles on it & it runs fine
Thanks though.
I think he was referring to the tri Y headers, but they only have them for LA and B/RB engines. And for the cost of ceramic coated, I'd still go with tti.

$936 for tti ceramic coated, $971 for polished ceramic

$999 for Schumacher try Y's, $1199 for ceramic coated.

The headers won't help performance, but with the duals you'll have a nice sounding exhaust.

I've installed headers and 3" system out the back on a 440 and love the sound/tone that the .484 Purple shaft gives it. I've also installed 2.5" manifold back system out the back and it's very quiet compared to the headers and larger pipes. I'll go headers and 3" for the next car to get exhaust, but it will also have an upgraded engine.

$936 for tti ceramic coated, $971 for polished ceramic

$999 for Schumacher try Y's, $1199 for ceramic coated.

The headers won't help performance, but with the duals you'll have a nice sounding exhaust.

I've installed headers and 3" system out the back on a 440 and love the sound/tone that the .484 Purple shaft gives it. I've also installed 2.5" manifold back system out the back and it's very quiet compared to the headers and larger pipes. I'll go headers and 3" for the next car to get exhaust, but it will also have an upgraded engine.
Wouldnt mind a larger motor for a little more pep, but I cannot bring myself to replace it when it only has 21,000miles!

Might try a 2 x 4bbl set up or prehaps a bigger 2bbl (500cfm)
Some headers & full 3" exhaust the rest if the way out the back
Swith to HP plugs, wires, and coil

See if all of it together helps the "old girl" pick up her step at all & gives it some rumble power!

I ran a Poly 318 back in 1965-1966. Along with the 2 four-barrel manifold and carbs I also had a Mallory dist. and coil and Hedman headers. The biggest difference that you could hear and feel was the Isky cam and lifters. When I put the engine together, I used Jahns pistons, and they boosted the compression. Back then all this stuff was readily available. I would keep the Poly.

I ran a Poly 318 back in 1965-1966. Along with the 2 four-barrel manifold and carbs I also had a Mallory dist. and coil and Hedman headers. The biggest difference that you could hear and feel was the Isky cam and lifters. When I put the engine together, I used Jahns pistons, and they boosted the compression. Back then all this stuff was readily available. I would keep the Poly.

Yeah not really looking to teplace the Poly yet.
Just trying to change things on the exterior without changing anything on the interior engine components.

Back