C-Body Headers

1690404771916.jpeg

Figured I had better post a picture of the ride I have been talking about!
:)

Oh I have the hubcaps with redline bias ply radials that were on it when I bought it.
Believe it or not....even have the 60yr old original spare tire.

Yeah not really looking to teplace the Poly yet.
Just trying to change things on the exterior without changing anything on the interior engine components.

The Poly can be made a SUPERB engine, once you understand that the heads are key to the performance on those. I wouldn't touch the engine you're blessed with, for now, but when it's rebuild time, consider adding some stroke and bore to it, to match those canted angle valves....

The Poly can be made a SUPERB engine, once you understand that the heads are key to the performance on those. I wouldn't touch the engine you're blessed with, for now, but when it's rebuild time, consider adding some stroke and bore to it, to match those canted angle valves....
Yes don't think will do anything to the internals
Just a dual exhaust, a bigger 2bbl or maybe a 4bbl, and perhaps a few new HP ignition parts

I have "factory iron dual-plane 2 x 4 barrel “Dual Fury V-800” intake manifold.

Anyone know which Holley or whatever company 4bbl would fit this?

Tnx!

Tnx!

What did Plymouth put on it to start with? If a Carter, go with Edelbrock. If Holley, consult them. I suspect two 500 cfm 4 bbl carbs would do plenty for that intake and engine.

Tnx!
Those cars used an WCFB or an AFB Carter carb. Couldn't tell you which one for sure.. But they should be the same bolt pattern.

Both have a smaller bolt pattern than a Holley carb.

Probably the best carb to use would be the Edelbrock Performer which is an AFB clone. It has two bolt patterns, the smaller should work.

You'll want to double check this though... I don't want to see you laying out $$$ for two carbs that for some stupid reason don't work. Best to call Edlebrock to verify.

Would be going on 67' Plymouth Fury III with 318 poly that has 2bbl Carter carb.

Sounds like a place to start guys for sure.

I was thinking something like 2 x 450cfm would be good way to go

getting the factory oval air cleaners would nice. the carbs sit so close together the diameter of round air cleaner housings is limited. this picture was posted by member @7mag Dual quads 318 poly feaseable?View attachment 608438
You can buy repops of them.

FRP versions Find FRP DUAL QUAD OVAL AIR CLEANERS MOPAR CHRYSLER PLYMOUTH 1958 1959 1960 1961 HEMI in ATHENS, Attica, GR, for US $290.00

Steel versions Nick's 1960 Chrysler 300F Page

Never did business with either vendor.

You can buy repops of them.
nice. the only thing to keep in mind is that the air horn diameter of the original carburetors is smaller than the modern carters. the first set has this note: *Includes two 5 layer frp bases (You will have to cut the base hole to the dimensions of your carburetor system.). the second set seems to be just o.e. dimensions. both are beautiful.

air horn diameter of the original carburetors is smaller than the modern carters
Yea, that's right. I didn't think about that the modern Edelbrock/Carter AFB clone would have a larger air horn.

I'd go with the FRP versions myself.

Back