C-Body Holy Grail Restoration Starts Here; 1970 6BBL GT

just to make it sure for everyone:
AC wasn't available on any v-code (69 M-code) 440+6 car no matter which bodystyle.
This info is valid for all 1969-1971 cars

Carsten

Excellent, excellent! Thanks Trevor for starting this thread, I was so hoping for this car to be restored. What a mean machine, I will DEFO be following along. Now a 3rd fusie Fury resto thread along with Derek's and Gary's.

I'll say it again: Excellent, excellent (rubbing hands with glee lol)!

image.jpg
Thanks for the enthusiasm Adian,..we appreciate it!!!
Rear bumper and valance removed. No surprises, no rust out and in much better condition than expected.

We are very happy with that......

Excellent, excellent! Thanks Trevor for starting this thread, I was so hoping for this car to be restored. What a mean machine, I will DEFO be following along. Now a 3rd fusie Fury resto thread along with Derek's and Gary's.

I'll say it again: Excellent, excellent (rubbing hands with glee lol)!
3 GT resto's at that! Where else could you see such a thing?

That looks great under the bumper! All the years seeing only the front of that Fury on a block of wood, we finally get the rest of the story. More pics!

Thanks for the enthusiasm Adian,..we appreciate it!!!
Rear bumper and valance removed. No surprises, no rust out and in much better condition than expected.

We are very happy with that......

Looks upper solid back there...way better than what I would have thought. I would be very happy. Keep up the great work! I am soo glad this car is getting done.

Dave

Looks upper solid back there...way better than what I would have thought. I would be very happy. Keep up the great work! I am soo glad this car is getting done.

Dave

Dave,....thanks for the kind words, and the encouragement.

We are very pleased with the car. There is a lot of metal work to be done, but the car over all is better than we thought,...it could have been worse!

It means a lot to us to know that we have support from the MoPar community, and everyone that has posted so far,.. thank you.

I'm very glad the car is being restored too. It's a significant car, and really unknown and storied part of MoPar and automotive history that we are restoring.

Thanks again,.....

~Trev

Last edited:
Dave,....thanks for the kind words, and the encouragement.

We are very pleased with the car. There is a lot of metal work to be done, but the car over all is better than we thought,...it could have been worse!

It means a lot to us to know that we have support from the MoPar community, and everyone that has posted so far,.. thank you.

I'm very glad the car is being restored too. It's a significant car, and really unknown and storied part of MoPar and automotive history that we are restoring.

Thanks again,.....

~Trev

Let me add to the party... Thanks for restoring this awesome car. This is one of a very few cars where I would ever care to follow the restoration and would actually travel to show to see it. Please don't spare the updates. You've actually inspired me to start another thread on a "lost" '71 SFGT, which I'll post shortly.

Most interesting Project here. Looking Forward to more Progress reports.
Did the first owner crash it already back in 74 or was it already gone to some other owner ?

car was crashed in 75-76 by unknown owner in georgia..orig owner sold car in 72-3 to a guy at the local dealer...he lost track of it after that..

Back