C-Body Holy Grail Restoration Starts Here; 1970 6BBL GT

A good many of the Fury GT's and S23's came standard with the fully painted argent road wheels (W21). Did your car originally come with the (W23) chrome road wheels?

W21 according to the broadcast sheet.

W23 according to the original owner.

W21 according to the broadcast sheet.

W23 according to the original owner.

Didn't realise that there were two different finishes Gents, great info. Thought the Road Wheel was only finished in the chrome outer/argent silver centre combo.

So these 15 x 7" lads could be brought back as W21 versions then (wish they were already painted actually, but you can't have it all)...:

4 Mopar Steel Wheel 15x7 5x4.5 Road Rally Sport Medallion Chrysler Lebaron 79-81 | eBay

Mopar part number 3766067

(Sorry Trev, just throwing it out there mate. Never know, you might want a 2nd set of wheels for your Black Beauty....)

s-l1600W2CQSYDP.jpg
s-l160.jpg
s-l1602.jpg
s-l1603.jpg

On the earlier 1970 -1975ish the rim width was 15x6, both of those sets shown above are 15x7 wheels found on the later C bodies & Cordoba's, same look but technically not the correct application for the earlier years, these rims can also be found on some mid70's - 1980 D150 Dodge pickups.

autowp.ru_dodge_d-150_adventurer_se_4.jpeg

autowp.ru_dodge_d-150_adventurer_se_4.jpeg

Last edited:
On the earlier 1970 -1975ish the rim width was 15x6, both of those sets shown above are 15x7 wheels found on the later C bodies & Cordoba's, same look but technically not the correct application for the earlier years, these rims can also be found on some mid70's - 1980 D150 Dodge pickups.View attachment 105751

Don't worry, am aware of this, it's just that I personally seem to have severe issues with wheels less than 7" wide (and 15" in diameter) lol. Arrgghhhhh!!!!! Anyway, just an idea for Trev to have a 2nd set of wider wheels whilst still looking the part (surely helps with a large car). The correct 6" wide wheels with the H70 Goodyear's I'm sure will be on the car when it hits the show scene. Looking forward to that actually....

Don't worry, am aware of this, it's just that I personally seem to have severe issues with wheels less than 7" wide (and 15" in diameter) lol. Arrgghhhhh!!!!! Anyway, just an idea for Trev to have a 2nd set of wider wheels whilst still looking the part (surely helps with a large car). The correct 6" wide wheels with the H70 Goodyear's I'm sure will be on the car when it hits the show scene. Looking forward to that actually....

Thanks for the tip Aidan.

I'm going to run factory W23 "road wheels" on the 6BBL GT

The 1970 Sport Furys that have come across my path over the years have all come with the W21 argent painted road wheels. Dodge and Chrysler came with the chrome W23s from the factory.

While it is true that the W21 argent wheels were the standard option on the Fury, the W23 chrome wheels were certainly an optional item for the full sized Plymouth's.

The 1970 Sport Furys that have come across my path over the years have all come with the W21 argent painted road wheels. Dodge and Chrysler came with the chrome W23s from the factory.

Thanks for the info Steve. I've seen both, but it is possible that the A52 GT Package designated painted wheels only.

We are going to have to do more research on this to find out conclusively. Maybe BillyFury could chime in on this,...he may know the answer.

IMG_2200.JPG
IMG_2201.JPG
IMG_2202.JPG
Sorry for not posting more "candy" for you guys,..but I'm pretty busy these days. I'm still shooting for end of the month to have the car ready for dipping,...but I've got to part another car before that so,...we will see.

I'm just collecting NOS parts that I can afford. Non A/C 70 Fury heater core, and 3 spd wiper motor from an aborted Hemi Cuda resto that a friend finished.

So are you saying a fusies used the same 3 speed wiper motor as an E bodies?

No,...I'm saying that E body guys will use a C body motor because they were cheaper,..but not correct. And you had to modify the C body part to fit the E body. They found the correct E body motor for the Hemi, so this one goes to a proper home.

SCAN0238.JPG
Here is a page from the factory order guide on the '70 Fury line. Looks like the W21 wheels were standard on the GT and S23, but you could upgrade to the W23 chrome wheels for a mere $44.55.

View attachment 107614 Here is a page from the factory order guide on the '70 Fury line. Looks like the W21 wheels were standard on the GT and S23, but you could upgrade to the W23 chrome wheels for a mere $44.55.

Great information Dave,....thanks for that.

I imagine, the Broadcast sheet is where you find the definitive answer for each car.

IMG_2213.JPG
Baby steps......but moving forward ....I dropped in a date coded original windshield today,..taking measurements of the A pillars/cowl.

It fits well,...which is good.

The first time since circa 74/75 the car has had correct glass.

Last edited:
Back