Car too low and hitting with speed reductors

josehf34

Reaction score
Guys my '74 fury is right now too low and sometimes it hits with speed reductors on the road, my tires are 235/60R15 and I'm going to swap them for a set of 235/70R15 but I think the height difference will not be enough to avoid this problem

I don't want to increase my car height using torsion bar because I really like how it looks being low, I was thinking if there's any kind of adjustable air shocks out there, maybe something that I can push a button and the car will raise up a little to pass the speed reductors without problems and then let it go to the original height.

We're gonna want pics!!

Aside from adjusting the torsion bars, I don't think there is a lot you can do about it. I just try to avoid speed bumps and certain driveways. One of the guys here has hydraulics on his c-body but I think it was a full custom made set up. You should be able to do something in the rear though. Air ride or hyros since its leaf springs.

But still, we like pics!!

Guys my '74 fury is right now too low and sometimes it hits with speed reductors on the road, my tires are 235/60R15 and I'm going to swap them for a set of 235/70R15 but I think the height difference will not be enough to avoid this problem

I don't want to increase my car height using torsion bar because I really like how it looks being low, I was thinking if there's any kind of adjustable air shocks out there, maybe something that I can push a button and the car will raise up a little to pass the speed reductors without problems and then let it go to the original height.

I would be interested in seeing a pic of your car to see how low it is.

Im going full air ride on this over the winter. Its static dropped 4 inches right now.

image.jpeg

Im going full air ride on this over the winter. Its static dropped 4 inches right now.
Well I sure hope you post plenty of pics! I would love to see a C body air ride setup.

What I got so far is ,,you are a fine artist!! I would love to see PHOTOS of your car..I like low slung cars when done right! It is your car and we would like to see what you like.

Sorry guys I've been a lot of busier due to work.

Here's a pic of my car, I know is not too low but low enough to hit on some pretty big speed reducers

So, what can I do? what can be my options?

IMG_5009.JPG

Back