General A727 Potential R&R questions/suggestions.

So I presume, to get a new flexplate.
you need to measure the new converter bolt circle size and go from there?
You can always do something like this.. It fits everything.

JEGS 601085: Heavy-Duty SFI Flexplate for Mopar, Chrysler Small Block and Big Block [With TF727 Transmission] - JEGS

I think the bolt patterns are 10" and 11" if you want to try to find a stock style.

One thing... Double check your flex plate against the convertor just to be sure before you buy a flex plate... and remember one bolt of the 4 is offset.

You can always do something like this.. It fits everything.

JEGS 601085: Heavy-Duty SFI Flexplate for Mopar, Chrysler Small Block and Big Block [With TF727 Transmission] - JEGS

I think the bolt patterns are 10" and 11" if you want to try to find a stock style.

One thing... Double check your flex plate against the convertor just to be sure before you buy a flex plate... and remember one bolt of the 4 is offset.
Yes I have not checked yet, consensus I've heard around is 11.75 stock converter.

Thanks for the link Sir!

Edit: I just looked at the specs on the new Torque converter, it's a 10 inch bolt circle, I'll look at how you measure it though.

Last edited:
Just measured the New Torque converter with two measuring methods.

From bolt to across bolt center is 10 inches.

The other method is center of the Torque converter to the bolt hole is 5 inches, multiply that by 2.
5X2= 10

the flexplate is a factory 6 bolt pattern.

I think I have enough information to know what flexplate to get.

6 bolt, 10 inch bolt circle flex plate.

The other information I gathered was, avoid non USA made flexplates.

SFI rated flexplates are not required but a little bit more of a "well made" product doesn't seem like a bad idea.

PXL_20240302_030812248.jpg

PXL_20240302_030838004.jpg

PXL_20240302_030849298.jpg

PXL_20240302_031749602.jpg

Last edited:
Ok so I just did some research on the flexplates, if the New and the old Torque converter bolt circles are the same, I should be able to use the factory flexplates.
If I line up the bolt holes?

there's a 3 month back order for Jegs, I'll try summit or some other sources.

Ok so I just did some research on the flexplates, if the New and the old Torque converter bolt circles are the same, I should be able to use the factory flexplates.
That's correct and why I said to check the bolt circle on your old convertor. It's possible that it's the same bolt pattern, but I don't think it will be.... Just don't take my word for it.

I just would hate to see you bolt up the transmission and then find out it's the wrong flexplate.

Question if anybody is able to answer:

The Flexplate has 4 bolt holes to the torque converter, but what is the small hole between the 5/16 bolts holes.

Index hole to line up the converter to flexplate I assume?
What is it exactly for?
Can't exactly find any information on it.

Thanks.

PXL_20240331_002824998.jpg

PXL_20240331_002824998~2.jpg

Last edited:
Back