Car wouldn't stop! Kept accelerating! 1967 Fury

I always laugh when I hear this, especially on pre column lock cars. I had only been driving a few months and had the throttle hang on my Barracuda that I just got from my grandfather, even as green of a driver as I was I just turned it off and pulled over. But before that I thought oh I have a stuck pedal and punched it to the floor just to have it hang wide open, turned out I broke the return spring, I grabbed what was left and stretched it to where I could hook it again.

Alan

Yeah, I don't understand why people just don't turn the key off. I guess panic sets in!! With my car, the PO purchased the car for some crazy number,.like $12,000, but it was completely done (frame off) and show ready. The motor and trans were stock, then he dumped another 7 to 8k into the motor and trans, rear and had the frame reinforced, along with reinforcing the rear axle tubes. I ended up getting the car for 3k with the damage to the rear quarter, truck and bumper. The motor, trans and rear only have less then 500 miles on them.

Back