Carb rebuild....how dumb can one get

Going short trips to check car. Tires are brand new but 23 years old. No cracks. Some kind of noise in front end on bumps, so back to checking things. Also a brake feels like its dragging.
Good luck locating and fixing the front end noise over bumps but I just wanted to mention those 23 year old tires. Just because they have not been out in the elements doesn't mean they are trustworthy. The sun doesn't do them any favors but the rubber can still get dry rot from time. I guess I would not put a lot of faith in them at highway speeds or anything over 50 mph. They could come apart and cause big problems including ripping up a fender.

Yeah, theyre temporary till i get the paint done and any other minor things fixed. Theyre goodyear GT4 and i had a tire expert inspect them. He said theyre ok for now but doesnt recommend the interstates.

Think "internal dry rot", no matter how much tread they might have. Additionally, do not make any sudden maneuvers, which might add further stress to make them come apart. From my experiences on my '67 Newport.

Good luck locating and fixing the front end noise over bumps but I just wanted to mention those 23 year old tires. Just because they have not been out in the elements doesn't mean they are trustworthy. The sun doesn't do them any favors but the rubber can still get dry rot from time. I guess I would not put a lot of faith in them at highway speeds or anything over 50 mph. They could come apart and cause big problems including ripping up a fender.
Think i just found the noise. I hope.
Driver side sway bar link has parts of its torn in half bushing on each side of it. None on the link itself haha.

Back