Carlisle 2020 Official Thread

The way you're describing it Dave if we were to ***** now it wouldn't make a difference and they would do it in 2021 when the 1970 year is over. I still think we should ***** though.

Bitching will not get you anywhere . You can certainly express your thoughts in an e mail or their office.

It takes a good two years to plan a focal point . The C body celebration was a throw together last minute thing so perhaps it would help. Regardless, we're all going, we're all loving it.
Oh and you young lad, get off it with the hundred degrees and black interiors. First off you are to young to be bothered by the heat. Second , Its Carlisle, the heat isnt a factor.......

Oh and you young lad, get off it with the hundred degrees and black interiors. First off you are to young to be bothered by the heat. Second , Its Carlisle, the heat isnt a factor.......
I'm planning on bringing a black car with black interior. And no A/C. Bring it on!

Planning on attending with Poppy and Snow. If things can be worked out, the plan is for @Ripinator to join me to pick up Snow from @71Polara383's shop and drive her to PA together with the Illinois group, their cars, and friends from neighboring states.
Well, that screws me out of a tour of the Garagemahal again... :rolleyes:
I dont care what they are celebrating. I KNOW what WE are celebrating!
Other than the rest of the activities, I really enjoy searching for a beer in Dave's coolers. :lol:

Alright then, can't wait. Should be fun. Bill, do you know if Trev and Mr. Hanzlik are coming this year? When I talked with Bill last year helping him pack up his tent, he said he just might come back.

I don't know if either will attend.

I’d rather see a “Slant Six Survivor” theme than yet another E or B body celebration of over restored museum pieces. In my neck of the woods I see plenty of big $$$$ restoration E and B cars.

[QUOTE="SportFury70,
If it's gonna be 100 degrees plus then bringing something else cause black interior. QUOTE]

What a light weight.:poke: I deal with a black interior in a black vehicle down here on the Gulf Coast of Alabama. A hot day in Carlisle is a balmy day here. You learn to adapt..... light colored towels on the seats when parked.

Oh and you young lad, get off it with the hundred degrees and black interiors. First off you are to young to be bothered by the heat. Second , Its Carlisle, the heat isnt a factor.

Dave, I work in the heat in the summer time so is the heat a "big deal" not really. Although I sweat my *** off. But that's what lots of water and shades for. What i'm saying is it's gonna suck with an all black cloth interior with no a/c but that's what the tent and light color clothing is for. As I said not a big deal at least right now. I will be honest and say my stepdad is the one that "complains" about the heat as he is 56 years old and has health problems that make him sweat very easily.

Dave, I work in the heat in the summer time so is the heat a "big deal" not really. Although I sweat my *** off. But that's what lots of water and shades for. What i'm saying is it's gonna suck with an all black cloth interior with no a/c but that's what the tent and light color clothing is for. As I said not a big deal at least right now. I will be honest and say my stepdad is the one that "complains" about the heat as he is 56 years old and has health problems that make him sweat very easily.

At your age it shouldn't even be a thought . I'm 53 and dare Mother Nature to bring it on.

I think I still have burn marks from black vinyl interior convertibles.
Any metal trim on the seats or just the big chrome seatbelt
[QUOTE="SportFury70,
If it's gonna be 100 degrees plus then bringing something else cause black interior. QUOTE]

What a light weight.:poke: I deal with a black interior in a black vehicle down here on the Gulf Coast of Alabama. A hot day in Carlisle is a balmy day here. You learn to adapt..... light colored towels on the seats when parked.

We learned real quick to just raise the top on our verts to keep the sun off the interior.
I’ve driven convertibles all over Fl. with the dark charcoal leather interiors leaving the top down at the beach. Not nearly as hot as the old vinyl.

We learned real quick to just raise the top on our verts to keep the sun off the interior.

PicsArt_12-07-11.26.18.jpg

So after going to Chryslers at Carlisle last year for my first time, im friggin hooked.

The carz were all cool as hell, but what made it for me was meeting all you crazy bastards. So much so that on my way home last year I called my brother and booked my time off fer the 2020 show.

Soooooo this begs the question...who is staying where and when are you arriving??

I would like to try and get some sort of C-body block going at one of Carlisle's many fine lodging establishments :rolleyes:

Let's start with the Midwest Contingent...
@ayilar @71Polara383 @LocuMob @sixpkrt @Xenon

I would like to try and get some sort of C-body block going at one of Carlisle's many fine lodging establishments :rolleyes:

I'm looking for a different place to stay, so include me in the group!

We stayed in the Courtyard in Mechanicsburg. Actually, it was a good place, but there was very few other Mopar guys there.

Now... That said, it could be a great place for us to "take over". Places around there to eat etc. You take the back way to the fairgrounds and it's a nice 20 minute drive to Carlisle.

Back