Carlisle 2020 Official Thread

Swap meet folks are trickling in.

20200708_144049.jpg

So we're still planning to go and bringing the 68 300 4-speed. I never got my new plate from the state, but a local notary that I do business with regularly is going to do some fancy footwork of some sort and make it so that I can use a plate that I had lying around. It's not a antique plate and the car doesn't have an inspection sticker so hopefully that won't cause us any problems.

One thing I'm wondering about is what do people do if it rains? I've only been to 1 other show and the weather was perfect (Carlisle 2019) so I have no experience. We have an expensive car cover that came with the car and plan on covering the car when we're at the hotel. But it's an indoor cover and it'll get water logged if it rains so I'm thinking of bringing along a tarp with some bungee straps to keep it dry.

FYI we're staying at the Microtel Inn & Suites 15 Westminster drive just off 81

My cars get wet every time I wash them and I’m not shy about bucket washing and hose rinsing and then I grab a towel Or 2 out of the trunk and wipe them dry.

okay thanks im going to try to get there i have the vendor pass but not sure if it is worth it going

So we're still planning to go and bringing the 68 300 4-speed. I never got my new plate from the state, but a local notary that I do business with regularly is going to do some fancy footwork of some sort and make it so that I can use a plate that I had lying around. It's not a antique plate and the car doesn't have an inspection sticker so hopefully that won't cause us any problems.

One thing I'm wondering about is what do people do if it rains? I've only been to 1 other show and the weather was perfect (Carlisle 2019) so I have no experience. We have an expensive car cover that came with the car and plan on covering the car when we're at the hotel. But it's an indoor cover and it'll get water logged if it rains so I'm thinking of bringing along a tarp with some bungee straps to keep it dry.

FYI we're staying at the Microtel Inn & Suites 15 Westminster drive just off 81

Apparently you were not there on Thursday last year when a Monsoon struck and there was massive flooding in the swap meet area.

Maybe bring or buy a wet/dry shop vac and a long extension cord in case the carpet gets soaked.

Its ok to get wet now and then. Its a car. When its done raining, dry it off. A tarp is more harmful than no tarp, especially in the wind.

Hmm, am I detecting a wee bit of sarcasm??

Actually, if you read my post carefully you see I'm concerned about the cover becoming water logged, not the car itself getting wet. I don't know what I'd do with a 19 foot water-soaked rag -- definitely not going to stuff it in the trunk and I doubt the hotel would appreciate me hanging it out the window to air dry :p

Or are you guys getting on my back even about the car cover??

Well!!! Carlise 2020 feel apart for me this year.. I’m out of town with the family and won’t make it back home in time to drive out.. Piss Poor Planning on my part..

Enjoy fellas, be safe and enjoy.. looking forward to all the pictures y’all will post.

PS.. me and the family had lunch today with Will here in South Alabama.. in Great company..
View attachment 386434
:bs_flag: C'mon John, you knew damn well when Carlisle was going to be.... Ummm Carlisle is on the way home near as I can tell.:poke:

I’d leave the cover at home and take clean towels.

Well!!! Carlise 2020 feel apart for me this year.. I’m out of town with the family and won’t make it back home in time to drive out.. Piss Poor Planning on my part..

Enjoy fellas, be safe and enjoy.. looking forward to all the pictures y’all will post.

PS.. me and the family had lunch today with Will here in South Alabama.. in Great company..
View attachment 386434

LMK if your route home will take you near the greater Charlotte area.

Back