Carlisle 2020 Official Thread

A little late on this but I gotta say it. Before Carlisle I had yet to meet David Hill, Scott and Tim. These three fellows were part of the five car caravan that included Wyatt and Mario. We did little hanging out during the show as they were doing their thing and I was doing mine. However after the show days on Friday and Saturday evenings we did hang out. Too much to type in a story so I will type some highlights..........

Thank you Tim for the gallon of fuel that got me to the station. I ran dry on the field.

Im sorry we lost you on 81 David Hill. Wyatt was provoking.

Scott was the hit at the steakhouse with his 68 Monaco driver, tattered vinyl top and patina paint the NYers loved him.

Tim and David changed the oil in Tims NYer and then tuned up the car on the show field on Saturday :realcrazy:.

Thank you Wyatt and Tim for buying dinner Friday and Saturday nights respectively. Very generous!

Not that Tims car isnt nice but Davids White Chrysler convertible is gorgeous! It was fun to watch him clean a triple white convertible, EVERYDAY.

Wyatt, the kid never sleeps!

Mario, :poke:

Every time I looked at Tims car he had more stuff from the swap meet.
These guys all showed up late everyday. I dont mean like 830, were talking 11/12 o clock :wtf:

Wyatt did pull in on Thursday and wake up his adopted mother at 530 am ......

Wyatt is a leader for sure, getting everyone together and keeping mobile, he loves his C bodies .

Wyatt getting his car photo'd for a potential magazine write up.

David Hill getting his car photo'd for a potential magazine write up.....

:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thumbsup::thumbsup::steering:

Wyatt and Michel put this together but Michel couldnt be there, something about a virus.....:realcrazy:

IMG_6582.JPG

I am not a morning person. Never have been. But my word was I'll be on the show field Thursday morning at sunrise. I kept my word. Plus after 700 miles of driving a triple black 440 polara vert...I was more pumped then tired. IT MADE IT! Who knows the last time it was on the road, me and Matt guessed between 20-30 years with how it looked in October.

Cant wait for 2021.

I stay in town. The drive to the outskirts isn't bad IF you don't hit the rush hours Thursday and Friday. If you do they can ruin your trip.
It was good to run with the others though.

Meeting everyone for the first time at Carlisle who's posts I have been reading since joining this site, solidified my assumptions that this bunch, coming from all walks of life from our C body community are real, down to earth people, who know how to have a good time, and fun to be around.
The show was fun everyday, and yes I did find quite a few parts to bring back to Illinois from the swap meet. But after the sun went down, and then going out for dinner, I think I can speak for everyone that was there, we were a table full of strangers, who seemed like we all knew one another our entire life.
Good times like these, aren't by chance.

Last edited:
Hopefully a bit closer to the show, but 20-30 min away doesnt hurt that bad. But traffic can be crappy like Dave mentioned.
If you are headed back towards Mechanicsburg, there's a back way that avoids most of the traffic on Rt 11. You turn near the Army barracks and it quickly goes to a nice country drive.

If you are headed back towards Mechanicsburg, there's a back way that avoids most of the traffic on Rt 11. You turn near the Army barracks and it quickly goes to a nice country drive.
Oh we did that! Seemed like google brought me in a different way every day this year.

I had a blast meeting fellow members and just sitting around relaxing, that trip took me away from all the negativity in my life, and I was able to decompress 100%.

Dave, it was great to finally meet you and Diane, and I took our little chat to heart.

@MarPar I'm glad I finally got to meet you. I look forward to running into again somewhere in Illinois in the future.

I can't wait to hit the road for next year's show!

Seeing these pictures makes me hope that someday I will find my perfect C-BODY. And even maybe get to meet a some of you guys sometime.

Seeing these pictures makes me hope that someday I will find my perfect C-BODY. And even maybe get to meet a some of you guys sometime.
If you want a perfect C body...theres a long line.

If you want a C body that's perfect for you...just keep your eyes peeled. Oh yeah...NEVER WALK AWAY

From my perspective I have been you. My car build was years of work. Persistence is the bottom line. It could take up to several years to get a good candidate. If you have good repair skills figure out what you can do and what will need to be sent out for completion. Buy the car you want and can it be taken to the finish. Beware of cars w/ missing parts. Some models parts are hard to find. As with many members I'm hear to help you.

Back