Carlisle 2022

will be first year since 1995 i wont be there. less hours at work equal money is tight.

Good Day All
Since this will be my first time in the show field, any do's or dont's that I need to be made aware of?
For instance; are pop-up canopies allowed? Size limitations?
Thanks to all who respond.
Omni

Since this will be my first time in the show field, any do's or dont's that I need to be made aware of? For instance; are pop-up canopies allowed? Size limitations?
Plenty of do's. Canopies are fine, in fact they are necessary IMO. To get an idea about sizes (and other things folks do at Carlisle), you may look at past Carlisle threads on FCBO or on Carlisle Flickr pages (official 2020 pics are here, for example; 2021 pics of C-bodies start here).

Last edited:
Yes, its strange I've been many years but never with my car. So I've never paid attention to what the best practices are. Definitely bringing a popup and prepare for heat and rain. Besides that I'm open to whatever you guys think makes the weekend go better. If I had a vendor spot could I throw up a tent/canopy behind it in the evening? Anyone tried the onsite showers? thnx

Oh and yes I did look through the various links and searched a few forums for tips.

On site showers aren't that bad. I do several festivals and gatherings throughout the year and carlisle definitely was not one of the worst.
Seems lots of folks camp on site on the vendor site. Some bring campers.
I've only been 2 years now. 28 hr straight drive.
I brought one of my barracuda's last year and I will say one thing. The canopies drive me nuts. Winds come up and blow the things around. Sure most folks have them staked to the ground, but not all. That was my biggest worry with the car was that someone would scratch the car with their pop up shade tents. Just make sure you have really good tie downs or blocks to keep the shade tent from flying away.

Here's five shade tents lined up behind my barracuda.

20210709_143203_HDR(1).jpg

Bring light colored clothing, sunscreen, a hat, and lots of water. It gets pretty hot down there, these are just my suggestions

I would love to make one of those shows one day..42 hours of driving tho makes it a bit difficult. I am hoping to do the power tour this year or next for my 50th

Just ordered my Showfield Pass for Carlisle. I won't be staying at a hotel/motel. I only live 92 miles from Carlisle and I enjoy the country ride back and forth. My plan is to come up on Friday and try to stay until 5 or 6 pm and then go home and come back Saturday morning and stay as long as I can. Everything depends on my health and hopefully allows me to stay all day Friday & Saturday.

Just a reminder that the Showfield Pass is 20% off right now and runs until the beginning of January. So you can get the Pass for $52 instead of the full price of $65. A Showfield Pass allows you and a guest free admission for the entire event and allows you to park your Mopar on the Showfield so you don't have to pay for parking or walk from your parking spot to the Showfield.

I would love to make one of those shows one day..42 hours of driving tho makes it a bit difficult. I am hoping to do the power tour this year or next for my 50th
Fly out, rent a car, get a room, enjoy the weekend go see local sights. I do that each year for the Chrysler west show and Willow Springs track day.
Since your on the west coast, you should come to the Chrysler West Spring Fling and Track Day. Great weekend. I start Wed fly home Monday.b What I work for.

IMG_5315.JPG

IMG_5312.JPG

IMG_5314.JPG

IMG_5309.JPG

Back