Carlisle is OVER... NEXT???

esso-put-a-tiger-in-your-tank-happy-motoring-metal-advertising-wall-sign-retro-art-556-p.jpg

Pics coming soon... Mine will suck as usual. I hope all had a pleasant trip home, and a big shout out to Doug who I barely spent any time with... I look forward to seeing you again at a future event.

It was great to see Rip, Will and Elle again... and I finally met Stan, one of those who lives close-ish to me. More importantly for the rotation of my little world, management approved of the past time and had a ball. Viv really enjoyed meeting all you guys and decided the NYB was "as good a ride as the Buick(Roadmaster) and nicer inside. I bet the Black Cars are really nice" "Yes"

Everyone named Dave was missed... Zac too... but we managed to trudge along without you Next year you fella's are the lynch pin of the operation though... so put in for the time off now.

Last edited:
Never met him, but yes, I know of him.

Probably the most knowledgeable Mopar guy I have met. AKA "Hemi Marvin". Every time I sit down with him I learn something.
While there we got to talking about Mopar rear end housings and axle bearings. Marvin told me that there is a plug on each end of the housing, just in from the backing plate flange and to the lower rear, that can be replaced with a zerk, (grease), fitting to grease the outer axle bearings. They are normally sealed but if greased will last indefinitely.
I'll be installing fittings in all my cars now.

Well, I checked all three of my cars and none had the fitting provision. Marvin had an 8 3/4 axle on a rack in his yard and it DID have the fitting.
Now I'll have to get up with him again and see what's up with that.

Well, I checked all three of my cars and none had the fitting provision. Marvin had an 8 3/4 axle on a rack in his yard and it DID have the fitting.
Now I'll have to get up with him again and see what's up with that.
I've never heard of, or seen it.

Not a bad idea if you ever take the axle out drill and tap.
Sure it was not a tapered axle, since they are a pain to remove drums it might make sense.

Back