Cars that refuse to die... Or the owners who won't let them.

I guess I take Lee everywhere I can...so I refuse to let her die...of course, I have to get my annual checkup today where I get to sit on a paper towel in a gown...cant wait to bend over the table for the finger probe...with the doctor.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
20190617_151325.jpg
20190617_152140.jpg

I told my doctor, I hate it, while the exam was being performed. He said you better be worried if I liked it.

I guess I take Lee everywhere I can...so I refuse to let her die...of course, I have to get my annual checkup today where I get to sit on a paper towel in a gown...cant wait to bend over the table for the finger probe...with the doctor.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
View attachment 295068 View attachment 295069
I told my doctor, I hate it, while the exam was being performed. He said you better be worried if I liked it.
Mine says things like "Don't worry, this won't hurt me a bit".
"You may feel a little prick"

Our 240 Volvo Station wagon is now with us since 1999, bought with about 80 k mls on it, now about 240 k. I'm no friend of letting it fade into a rat car, working in a MB dealership Body department once helps keeping it in presentable shape, I only had one Major Body work to do at the rear Frame rails, the rest was about five other places over the years, the first one right in the year after the 7-year anti-rust guarantee expired.

Last edited:
I think it's getting to be about that time we start thinking about LS'ing that 240. :lol:

I'll think of it in another 25 years or 200 k miles when I may have to replace the yet unopened original engine. :p

Finally back to the times when you could drive your car with a hat on.

If someone would force me with a gun to buy a new SUV it would be from the same manufacturer, Lada Niva built since 1976.

der-lada-4x4-wird-40.jpg

Last edited:
Years ago I worked for a company that required an annual exam by their in house doctor, Dr Tan(honest). He had you put a gown on, lay on the table, pull your knees up and hold with your arms wrapped around them. You then heard the "snap", of the glove going on, and it seemed there was always a subdued "Banzi", right before he went in for the kill.

Back