Cars that refuse to die... Or the owners who won't let them.

We did a "Miracle Sunday" in 2014. We raised $53,000.00 with a goal of 50 grand. I told both services that if we hit the goal I would eat broccoli - at both services!

On Sunday, June 15, 2014, I ate a total of four pieces!

Still have a bad taste in my mouth!!!

100_0850.JPG
100_0853.JPG

LOL, and I eat about 1 1/2 cups of broccoli 5 nights out of seven. Ounce for ounce it is hard to beat the health benefits of the vegetable in vitamins, minerals and fiber. Steamed for 6 minutes.

Broccoli is a great source of vitamins K and C, a good source of folate (folic acid) and also provides potassium, fiber.

Vitamin K – essential for the functioning of many proteins involved in blood clotting

Vitamin C – builds collagen, which forms body tissue and bone, and helps cuts and wounds heal. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and protects the body from damaging free radicals.

Fiber – diets high in fiber promote digestive health. A high fiber intake can also help lower cholesterol.

Potassium – a mineral and electrolyte that is essential for the function of nerves and heart contraction.

Folate – is necessary for the production and maintenance of new cells in the body.

Only way I will eat broccoli is if its baked. With olive oil. Other than that its bait for critters

Luckily my doctor has warned me to stay away from broccoli, as it interferes with one of my meds. Actually what he said is to stay away from dark green vegetables, especially broccoli.

Luckily my doctor has warned me to stay away from broccoli, as it interferes with one of my meds. Actually what he said is to stay away from dark green vegetables, especially broccoli.

So you are on blood thinners too.

I have to be careful with anything that has Vitamin K, potassium and magnesium.

But... it tastes like... dirt!!!

Then you gotta wash it off. Seriously though that is not a word I would use to describe it. However, it and many other veges have served me well. How many people can say they left college with a 31" waist and 170 lbs. and be exactly the same 44 years later?

That is too bad as those particular vegetables contain two important minerals used by the eye, in the macular region, if you know what I am getting at.

Then you gotta wash it off. Seriously though that is not a word I would use to describe it. However, it and many other veges have served me well. How many people can say they left college with a 31" waist and 170 lbs. and be exactly the same 44 years later?
I've never liked the taste of the stuff; it does taste like dirt to me. So do other vegetables: asparagus, cauliflower, avocados.... I just do not like them. (At the same time there are many I do like!)

An article appeared this past summer that said, indeed, some people's taste buds reject certain foods because they taste to the eater like... dirt. Wish I had printed it and kept it because with it I can say that I'm not imagining it. Moreover, I wish my Mother were still alive so that I could show her and say, "See!!!"

People have tried to convince me of the value if eating certain vegetables since I was a child. But, I'm not going to eat something that tastes terrible to me, regardless of its benefits.

Now, let's talk about liver.... :eek:

I've never liked the taste of the stuff; it does taste like dirt to me. So do other vegetables: asparagus, cauliflower, avocados.... I just do not like them. (At the same time there are many I do like!)

An article appeared this past summer that said, indeed, some people's taste buds reject certain foods because they taste to the eater like... dirt. Wish I had printed it and kept it because with it I can say that I'm not imagining it. Moreover, I wish my Mother were still alive so that I could show her and say, "See!!!"

People have tried to convince me of the value if eating certain vegetables since I was a child. But, I'm not going to eat something that tastes terrible to me, regardless of its benefits.

Now, let's talk about liver.... :eek:

Avocados with a little drizzle of EV olive oil and a pinch of salt...oh momma that's good eatin right there.

Veggies taste best raw. If you need to cook them lightly steamed seasoning to taste is the way to go. Still like my steak and potatoes so no worries.

I left college with a 25” waist and 125lbs and still the same 34 years later....sure glad I married her :)

Back