Cbody Bob's 1966 Chrysler 300 coupe

Been thinking about it, I think you may need to take off the grille behind the hood covering the cowl / wiper arm assy's. Then use a flashlight to check in the far corners and look to see what can be found. I cant remember what I saw or if I looked, I know I looked in some different cowls around the time your car was here.

IMG_2458.JPG
IMG_2460.JPG
Been thinking about it, I think you may need to take off the grille behind the hood covering the cowl / wiper arm assy's. Then use a flashlight to check in the far corners and look to see what can be found. I cant remember what I saw or if I looked, I know I looked in some different cowls around the time your car was here.
What am I looking for ? Rust holes ? You have this pic you sent that looked good.

Go backwards Bob. Put a bunch of the brightest lights you have under the dash, with the car outside at night and some moving blankets ,( or some other heavy blankets) over the glass. Look down in cowl area to see any light leaking out.
Make a mental note where/how seams are to look closely at them.

IMG_3706.JPG
IMG_3709.JPG
Well I finally got some time to get back on the 300. I pulled the cowl grille & it looked good. Didn't see anything. Put a water hose on it & it quickly started leaking into the pass compartment. So I pulled the pass side kick panel & vent door. It was full of dirt & leaves. About 6 inches high. So I started poking around the cowl under the dash & above the vent. It has a hole rusted through. So I cleaned it out good. Washed it out with the hose. I checked my parts car which is solid. So after a call to Wollfen im going to treat the entire area with a rust encapsulator. Then cut out and install a patch from the parts car. Hopefully that will fix this. I'll be back.

View attachment 158251 View attachment 158252 Well I finally got some time to get back on the 300. I pulled the cowl grille & it looked good. Didn't see anything. Put a water hose on it & it quickly started leaking into the pass compartment. So I pulled the pass side kick panel & vent door. It was full of dirt & leaves. About 6 inches high. So I started poking around the cowl under the dash & above the vent. It has a hole rusted through. So I cleaned it out good. Washed it out with the hose. I checked my parts car which is solid. So after a call to Wollfen im going to treat the entire area with a rust encapsulator. Then cut out and install a patch from the parts car. Hopefully that will fix this. I'll be back.
So you're taking it back to Gary:poke: for a warranty repair? :lol:

So you're taking it back to Gary:poke: for a warranty repair? :lol:
Haha. I wish. Probably patch this myself. I was about to haul the parts car to the crusher but it looks like it's going to give up one more piece. I might should hold onto it till I'm certain I have all the bugs out of the 300.

Haha. I wish. Probably patch this myself. I was about to haul the parts car to the crusher but it looks like it's going to give up one more piece. I might should hold onto it till I'm certain I have all the bugs out of the 300.
I must look like a block of swiss cheese by now...

IMG_3843.JPG
IMG_3844.JPG
I cut the patch from the parts car today. Now to treat the metal & cut/file a smooth hole & trim & glue the patch in.

I have a similar leak in my 68 Monaco. The duct at the top of the pic is that for the defogger on the passenger side? Do you have the same leak on the drivers side?
img_3706-jpg.jpg

IMG_3996.JPG
I decided to park the 300 under my carport next to my Belvedere since I have that leak in the cowl. So untill I can get that fixed this is where she will be sitting. The 66 C sitting beside the 66 B
Also I parked it WAY over against the poles so I would have room to open that long door. Now the door is stuck. Won't open & I can't get to the other side. Geez. When the car was down at Gary's shop he had trouble with that door. We thought we had it fixed but apparently not.

Last edited:
View attachment 160034 I decided to park the 300 under my carport next to my Belvedere since I have that leak in the cowl. So untill I can get that fixed this where she will be sitting. The 66 C sitting beside the 66 B
Also I parked it WAY over against the poles so I would have room to open that long door. Now the door is stuck. Won't open & I can't get to the other side. Geez. When the car was down at Gary's shop he had trouble with that door. We thought we had it fixed but apparently not.
This car is possessed, put amongst us to test us. :drama:

Back