Cbody Bob's 1966 Chrysler 300 coupe

Mike may have some. I can ask my bud Dan. He hoards MOPAR stuff. Maybe Matt has some or knows of a set out his way. You where going to call him anyway
Yeah Matt knows I am after that sort of thing. I'm calling him tomorrow too.

IMG_2706.JPG
IMG_2708.JPG
IMG_2713.JPG
I tinkered on the 300 today. Fixed a few minor things & checked it out a little better. I decide to ditch the hub caps & 215/75 tires in favor of black steelies with 215/75 up front & 255/70 on 8 inch steelies out back. It looks better. I need to lower the front a bit & raise the back about an inch. Then some chrome lug nuts. Don't worry nothing was done that can easily be reversed.

View attachment 150078 View attachment 150079 View attachment 150080 I tinkered on the 300 today. Fixed a few minor things & checked it out a little better. I decide to ditch the hub caps & 215/75 tires in favor of black steelies with 215/75 up front & 255/70 on 8 inch steelies out back. It looks better. I need to lower the front a bit & raise the back about an inch. Then some chrome lug nuts. Don't worry nothing was done that can easily be reversed.
Hey Bob, I have a set of new lug nuts you can use, they are LH & RH, I paid $25 for em thinking I needed them but since I am putting a set of later disks in the car I need a set of RH only lugs. You can have em for $20 if you are interested.

wheel nuts.jpg

IMG_2822.JPG
IMG_2823.JPG
A week or so ago after a nice rain I went out to the 300 sitting by the shop & both front floors had about a half inch of water in them. So after drying that up I put duct tape around the windshield to see if that was the source of the leak. Well last night we had another good rain & it drizzled all day. So I went out to the car & a lot of water in the front pass floor & a small amount in the driver's. So I got my flash light & looked up under the dash on the passenger side & I can see it running down but not sure when it's getting in. Thinking through the cowl. Here are some pics.

IMG_2821.JPG
And this leak right in the middle over the trans tunnel. So am I right. Is the cowl leaking. I just had Wollfen weld in new floors & I sure don't want them to rot right back out. Got to fix this

I''m trying to build a mental picture of what we are seeing there, trying to imagine how the water is getting in. I think it would be easier if I looked at it again. I wonder if that seam sealer under that flange in the second pic is dried out and shrunk thus maybe letting water in like that?

I''m trying to build a mental picture of what we are seeing there, trying to imagine how the water is getting in. I think it would be easier if I looked at it again. I wonder if that seam sealer under that flange in the second pic is dried out and shrunk thus maybe letting water in like that?
The second pic is the right side up under the dash. That's the vent & the two speed nuts appear to secure some of the HVAC housing. My guess is it's entering through the cowl & into the HVAC housing somehow. Hence the other leak comming from the center at the other end of the HVAC housing. Just a guess at this point. Pretty sure this is what caused the original floors to rot. So got to find & fix this.

If you look close on the corner of that vent you will see what appears to be a rust hole in that metal housing.

I have a set of 15 x 6.5 rallyes on Craigslist but with shipping they’d probably be too pricey.

Back