Cbody Bob's 1966 Chrysler 300 coupe

So I took some closeup pics using zoom, I wasn't getting anywhere near those damn things, here Rip, check em out, I'm told they are yellowjackets. I burned off the top layer this evening killing those that came out, then I poured some old engine oil into it. I ended up pouring 4 gallons in to drown them!

View attachment 134626 View attachment 134627

Not hornets.

That must have been a very, VERY, close up encounter to know that. :lol:
Well, not on my part .. but as a youngn, my father and I took down an old wooden shed behind my Grandfathers house. I was in charge of driving the truck that was tied to the main support post. The idea was that the ridge board and walls were in such bad shape that loosing that post would cause an inward collapse and indeed, that was correct. However, I was incorrect in thinking that the black cloud that rose from the debris and settled around my father was dust ... glad the windows were up... dad wasn't so lucky!

Well, not on my part .. but as a youngn, my father and I took down an old wooden shed behind my Grandfathers house. I was in charge of driving the truck that was tied to the main support post. The idea was that the ridge board and walls were in such bad shape that loosing that post would cause an inward collapse and indeed, that was correct. However, I was incorrect in thinking that the black cloud that rose from the debris and settled around my father was dust ... glad the windows were up... dad wasn't so lucky!

When I was a Scout, a group of us went hiking in White Oak Canyon along the Blue Ridge. When we reached the falls there, we followed a path down to the pool below the falls, and accidentally stepped on a log full of hornets. Those bastids stung me in the head and chased us down into the water. They stung us again and again - even under the friggin water. Bastids. . .

Bee-Wasp-And-Hornet.jpg

A week of soaking the rustiest section in vinegar of the tank toward the inlet hole and the rust is gone, it is working! I am now doing each part in sections, the tank is on its side and a gallon of vinegar is soaking that side, then ill flip it over and do that other side etc. Slow process but it saves buying 19 gallons of vinegar! Lol. Oh and I checked the trunk floor, its solid and will not need any work, but there are a couple of holes toward the outside edge on each side, I will take care of them soon.

Gas tantk internal4.jpg

A week of soaking the rustiest section in vinegar of the tank toward the inlet hole and the rust is gone, it is working! I am now doing each part in sections, the tank is on its side and a gallon of vinegar is soaking that side, then ill flip it over and do that other side etc. Slow process but it saves buying 19 gallons of vinegar! Lol. Oh and I checked the trunk floor, its solid and will not need any work, but there are a couple of holes toward the outside edge on each side, I will take care of them soon.

View attachment 135302
Awesome Gary. Hey is your e Mail working. I tried to send a bunch of pics twice.

So I have been tinkering and since I will need some floor for the Chrysler 300, Bob dropped off a 68 Fury parts car for me to cut the floor out of. Here are some pics of the progress, damned thing took me a day to get one side out!

68 fury pass floor pan a.jpg
68 fury pass floor pan.jpg

Back