Central PA Barn Find 1966 Chrysler 300

You have to scan the grounds and then go to the potentially most interesting (in my case original) cars. We have a 2000 car event that only lasts for abt. 6 hours and this is the only tactic to get to anything; of course you run into a couple of old pals and the whole plan blows by then.

I believe the total number cars is around 2500.
Impossible to say how many of which. I believe B's are the most plentiful. The C's unfortunately are spread out, I dont know why. The separate the 300's from the rest of the pack but I would guess counting ALL FULL size cars there are probably 200-300 full size cars there

I was wondering about that myself, what suggestions do you fellow Moparians have on the best place for my 300 at Mopar Carlisle?

I enjoy walking through the survivor tent but it always seems a little subdued in there. I sense an attitude that some think they are more deserving to be there then others.

You could park with the 300 group, that would be fun. I regerstered our 69 300 with the Cbody group as a Chrysler convertible, (didn't mention the 300), for this year just so we could park amoung the FCBO group of folks.

Trophys and awards arn't as important to me as enjoying the show with a group of like minded folks like we have here.

Where ever you decide to park your 66 I will make it a point to come and see it.

i enjoy walking through the survivor tent but it always seems a little subdued in there. I sense an attitude that some think they are more deserving to be there then others.

You could park with the 300 group, that would be fun. I regerstered our 69 300 with the cbody group as a chrysler convertible, (didn't mention the 300), for this year just so we could park amoung the fcbo group of folks.

Trophys and awards arn't as important to me as enjoying the show with a group of like minded folks like we have here.

Where ever you decide to park your 66 i will make it a point to come and see it.

perfectly put!!!

Thanks Dave and very nice. I personally always pass the A's and E's and focus on B and Cs because that's the only way I can get anything done at a big show although I'd like to have an A body one day for the girls (or myself). I do like it when they are grouped together.

The thing I really love to check out are the 62-65 super stocks and I love watching them match race against SD Pontiacs, thunderbolts, big Chevies etc of the day

IMG_5024.jpgIMG_5029.jpgIMG_5041.jpgIMG_5047.jpgIMG_5060.jpgIMG_5060.jpgIMG_5061.jpg

IMG_5024.jpg

IMG_5029.jpg

IMG_5041.jpg

IMG_5047.jpg

IMG_5060.jpg

IMG_5061.jpg

IMG_5049.jpgIMG_5046.jpgIMG_5050.jpgIMG_5051.jpgIMG_5056.jpgIMG_5057.jpgIMG_5083.jpg

There was some cool old stuff at last years Englishtown Mopar event...... they even had some F.A.S.T. cars there from other makes. I didnt like the idea at first but I quickly changed my mind...

IMG_5049.jpg

IMG_5046.jpg

IMG_5050.jpg

IMG_5051.jpg

IMG_5056.jpg

IMG_5057.jpg

IMG_5083.jpg

Hey guys I have a bit of a hold up. I bought a repop sun super tach for my Chrysler for some of the classic add on stuff but I can't seem to find a place to mount it. I wanted to mount it on the steering column angled but here the piece I wanted to mount it moves when you pull the shift lever into the different gears. Any suggestions?

Hey guys I have a bit of a hold up. I bought a repop sun super tach for my Chrysler for some of the classic add on stuff but I can't seem to find a place to mount it. I wanted to mount it on the steering column angled but here the piece I wanted to mount it moves when you pull the shift lever into the different gears. Any suggestions?

Don't install it......... Whats the point.....?

Can you post a pic of the tach and your column?

Last edited:
I love vintage Sun Tachs. I have a nice one set aside for my polara build.

I have a Sun super tach that I hung under the dash using an existing trim screw. Looks ok, easy to see, out of the way, easy to remove with no marks or holes.

I'll try and get some photos. I just really like the look of it and think it'll look cool in the car, I know it doesn't make much sense because it's an automatic but I like it. Does anyone know where I could possibly find an fm converter...or even an AM/FM radio for my car. Only has AM and I would really enjoy fm even if it's just with a fm converter. I thought about sending it out and having is redone like a new radio (outfit a few hours away from me that can make it AM/FM, satellite, cd,aux) and when you get it back it looks just like a factory radio, but seeing as how I already have to get the radiator recored and everything I don't have the extra money to send the radio out.

I'll try and get some photos. I just really like the look of it and think it'll look cool in the car, I know it doesn't make much sense because it's an automatic but I like it. Does anyone know where I could possibly find an fm converter...or even an AM/FM radio for my car. Only has AM and I would really enjoy fm even if it's just with a fm converter. I thought about sending it out and having is redone like a new radio (outfit a few hours away from me that can make it AM/FM, satellite, cd,aux) and when you get it back it looks just like a factory radio, but seeing as how I already have to get the radiator recored and everything I don't have the extra money to send the radio out.

I'll be interested to see what ideas people come up with. I'd like to do something similar with my AM radio but not spend an arm and a leg on it.

Back