Checking in from Memphis, TN

TNTrooper428

Reaction score
Set to pick up a 1972 Plymouth Fury Gran Coupe later this month. The car is said to have been ordered with a Police Package set up. I'm sure that I am going to have lots of questions that I will be bothering you guys with from time to time. Look forward to hearing from you.

1972 show 2.jpg
1972 show.jpg

1972 show 2.jpg

1972 show.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about it. How did you find it?

Belongs to a distant uncle. He worked for a Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth dealer as a mechanic his entire career. He ordered the car new. Now he isn't getting around very well and is looking to unload it on me. As soon as I get all the documents, I will share what I find out with you.

I wish my uncle's had something like that to unload on me!

It looks to be in beautiful condition. Do you have any interior pics yet?

Welcome to the forum

Awesome! Welcome, that looks like a very nice Plymouth. Can't wait to see more pics. Best way to get a car is by inheritance I'd say.

Love the car, great that is staying in the family. Welcome to the site.

I know that is has the police package engine and a switch on the dash that cuts off the AC compressor, but what I don't know is if it has the actual police suspension, HD transmission, etc. It is obvious from the photos that it does not have police wheels. I am pretty good with the F&%#(for fear of being burned at the stake) Police Cars of the 60's, but a little wet behind the ears on the mopar police packs. My uneducated guess would be that it has the police engine only, but I will keep you posted as soon as I find out more about it.

Back