For Sale CHRYSLER 5th Ave V8 ONE OWNER FLA 45K DOC'T ACTUAL ALL ORIGINAL MINT! - $3950

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/ctd/5302044487.html

I want this.
00S0S_6ZaUSzsUT9m_600x450.jpg

THIS IS A RARE FIND! 1985 CHRYSLER NEW YORKER 5th Ave Edition. IT WAS BOUGHT NEW AND DRIVEN UNTIL A LITTLE WHILE BACK BY A SENIOR LADY HERE IN FLORIDA AND IS STILL LIKE NEW. SHE HAD TO STOP DRIVING BECAUSE OF AGE AND DONATED IT TO A WELL KNOWN CHARITY, WHERE I GOT IT. IT WAS RENTED BY HER TO THE SERIES "MURDER SHE WROTE" WHERE ANGELA LANSBURY WAS IN IT IN SEVERAL EPISODES WHICH HAS BEEN VERIFIED. A GOOD NAME FOR THE CAR WOULD BE " ANGELA " . THIS WOULD MAKE A GREAT WEEKEND CRUISER, LOCAL CAR SHOW WINNER, OR EVEN JUST LIKE NEW RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION. ANYWAY, THIS CAR HAS ORIGINAL FINISH WHICH IS ALMOST PERFECT BUT FOR A SMALL SPOT IN CLEAR ON TRUNK. TIRES HAVE BEEN REPLACED AS WELL AS BATTERY. " CORINTHIAN LEATHER " INTERIOR IS NEAR PERFECT . BEAUTIFUL DARK " NIGHTWATCH " BLUE IN AND OUT. WE HAVE DRIVEN IT ABOUT 100 MILES FOR TESTING AND IT SEEMS TO NEED NOTHING. EVEN AIR IS ICE COLD. 5.2 ( 318 ) ENGINE WITH TORQUEFLITE AUTOMATIC WILL LAST FOREVER. NOT A SPECK OF RUST THAT I COULD FIND ANYWHERE. AROUND VINYL HALF TOP TRIM, WINDSHIELD MOLDINGS, DOOR EDGES, UNDER TRUNK LID, NOWHERE THAT USUALLY HAS RUST OR SCABBING HAS ANY FLAWS AT ALL. UNDERNEATH IS LIKE NEW TOO. ORIGINAL SPARE TIRE WITH WIDER WHITEWALL. I SELL FOR CASH OR DEBIT ONLY. CALL 813-610-1344. THANKS, BILL

Its not as sexy as the NYB... but I can see it. Or are you a big Angela Lansbury fan?

Or are you a big Angela Lansbury fan?

They're about the same age, right? I think she's 102 or something like that! LOL!

I dig this car! The trunk and hood can be repainted and re-cleared. Looks about all the car needs! I tell ya, if I did not have the New Yorker, I'd be driving one of these daily. Very nice cars, they drive smooth as glass, and are a bit shorter than the big "C"s. Good price, too, assuming the car checks out as presented.

I think of Mike Ehrmantraut in Breaking Bad instead of Murder She Wrote.

episode-7-jesse-walt-mike293847529348752934875.jpg

You'll never regret it. The M bodies are great reliable cars. I love mine.

I am hesitant to disagree, but I would be careful, as I owned one.(1984) They have a terrible lean burn system, and the front suspension was notoriously weak. Mine was loaded, in perfect condition, but I couldn't keep it in a straight line. the upper A frames were defective, and many a police car model of same was crashed as a result. (The Body itself would flex)my Alignment guy said the whole front frame was weak. Chrysler had a recall on them for that reason. Google 1980-88 models and it is clear they were a poor design and lacked quality of workmanship. I Hoped any guy would give me $2,000 for it, and God answered my prayers. I found a 1980 Gran Fury after that, now that was a great car!

I'm sure such issues have solutions which Stan can implement. If we all took this attitude - none of us would have cars as all had issues, solutions can and probably were found, looks a cute little (compared to the 1970s era) car.

With Formals at $2500 then what would these cars automatically be at?

Have to be no more than $1500 for a guess.

I know of a guy locally that did just that several years ago. Found a wrecked Aspen with the four-speed, and a near-mint '84 Fifth Avenue, and built a one-of-none 360 four-speed Fifth Avenue. It wasn't that hard to put together, really. Yeah, a 360 is a small-block, but hey!

My Parents had a 82, they had a lot of problems with it wiring harnesses, oil was not changed enough, not really the cars fault. This was when all the dippy and Gran fury police cars were around, other cars would move over when you came up behind them, I guess the way people move for a crown vic now a days. Of course now they have their heads buried in the damn phone and will not move over for a real cop car.

Work in a Ford dealer for while...HATED driving cop cars...scariest crap ever. The drunkuninsuredmouthbreathinginbreeders of the world would stop on green just so you weren't behind them. We had a recall going on, so I taught a front end guy how to use a ball joint press and then even sold him mine so I didn't have to do anymore. He would always save a test drive for lunch time and we did get a lot of free taco bell.

I have an 89... love it ,,, daily driver ,,, M bodies rule ! I put 30 k on her in 2 years... great replacement for the C and R bodies ... 318 forever ! Tank ,, un kill able !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back