For Sale CHRYSLER 5th Ave V8 ONE OWNER FLA 45K DOC'T ACTUAL ALL ORIGINAL MINT! - $3950

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bi pass the lean burn..and gut the cats... And you're good for another 200k.. Change the oil consistently.. At 3k.. Or motor will sludge up..

No duals there is 3 cats. The front 2 are oxygen scrubbers/blenders. No matter I would ditch them all as your not going to drive the car more than 5000 mi per year. For our California viewers disregard all of this.

My fifth ave.. is amazing now that I have bi -passed the lean burn.. took off the smog belt..gutted the cat's... and I got real lucky... my car came with 8/4 rear.. with 2.94 sure-grip.. as opposed to the junk 7/4 rear.. that 90% of fifth ave's.. came with.. this car is the best snow-mobile I have owned... only beat by one car... my 1968 Imperial crown coupe... MO POWER ! ! ! !:eek:z_hemi_spare:

I did own one. I miss it in some ways and not sure if I'll be looking for another one or be looking at the R-Body or J-Body cousins. Mine had the most comfortable seats of any car I've owned thus far.

I owned an '84 Dippy. To clarify, the frames on these cars were not necessarily weak. The police package M-bodies had issues with cracking in an area inward of the UCA's (if memory serves), but the civilian version did not. This can be corrected by adding reinforcements, and it wouldn't take much. Long before poly kits were available for this kind of Mopar, I converted the front end using hand-made bushings. That thing handled like a dialed-in roller coaster. It was unbelievable. I never had problems aligning it, and holy crap....did I ever hook turns in that thing. Lots of spirited driving being that wheel. It was so much fun, I couldn't help myself. It remains one of the best handling cars of that size that I have ever been in. My only complaint is that the 7-1/4 it came with was TRASH. The brakes were plenty big back there, but the rear itself just couldn't hold together. I put 100K miles on that car by myself, and the rear was apart 3 times. If it had an 8-1/4 and less rust, I would still have it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back