Chrysler-Badged Formal Police Cars

The Sanow book said Chrysler Newport Squads with A38 package got 120 mph
"certified" speedos. Like the car, we cant find any of those either if carmine couldnt find his example.

this one was on ebay a few years back (listing long gone) but cannot read the part number. looks pre-75 C body yes?

View attachment 132307
It looks like a 1967 or 68 Fury. Non certified version.

my 75 had them & almost every cop car has rubber floors. even the new chargers. you can also see the floor when elwood hits the brakes b4 the ridiculous back flip over the Nazi pinto wagon in the movie.

Hello,
This should be a 1975 Chrysler Newport Police Interceptor....
Can anyone tell if it's the real deal?
I have more pictures...
Thx.

FB_IMG_1526140531579.jpg

It's not mine yet...
So I don't have any information yet..
This is what the seller says:
Up for sale is an official government car that was a detective vehicle, purchased from a retired police officer. It has the big block 400 with automatic transmission. It is a box A 40,000 original mile car. No accidents. Super clean. Original paint and original interior. It has the upgraded cloth interior because it was a detective vehicle. The front cloth is beginning to fray. No cracks in dash was indoors. Carpet great. Paint good. NO rust. It is an A/C car – we haven’t needed it so haven’t charged it. Heat works great. All gauges work. New brakes on front – rear brakes are in great shape. New battery. It has the 8.25 C-Clip rear end and 704 transmission that was serviced and shifts great. It has a bunch of official police gear: 1) cop spot light with blue police blue lense 2) official police radio that can communicate with police if you dare – we did not hook it up for obvious reasons 3) Official police scanner that does pick up police bands – again we have not hooked it up on purpose 4) several whip antennas – not all are shown in photo’s 5) Interceptor insignia 6) rear window red police light 7) front police crash bumper 6) Official police wheels with police covers – spares included. 7) Police siren. Vintage police dash fan. It was recently tuned up with new cap, rotor wires, plugs, and carb cleaned out. It has high race speed rated tires that are almost new.

Beautiful car. I would have bought it, too.
But I'll wait for the documentation.
Pic of the speedometer?

How did you find it?

There is this local small dealer who ships cars to Belgium and sells them. He lives just one block away from me. I bought my 1975 ford f150 there.
Next week I'll have some more info. I hope...He is on holiday now..

Good start. Thank you.
But no Certified speedometer.
And the fact it is a Custom Newport.
And the 8-1/4 rear and 904 transmission.
And the full wheel covers in the trunk
I'm, so far, leaning towards that this was a civilian vehicle used by an Official, probably a Fire Official, given the sticker on the back.

Last edited:
Good start. Thank you.
But no Certified speedometer.
And the fact it is a Custom Newport.
And the 8-1/4 rear and 904 transmission.
And the full wheel covers in the trunk
I'm, so far, leaning towards that this was a civilian vehicle used by an Official, probably a Fire Official, given the sticker on the back.

Agree. All items that could have been added for a “tribute”, “clone” or what ever is the trendy word for fake.

Speedometer could have been replaced with non certified unit. One detail but not the only detail. Look at the car in total.

The VON and tag will tell more.

So no official police car?
What do you think I should pay for it?

Without more and better documentation, we don’t know yet. Anyone can spin a tale. Few produce documentation.

Don’t know yet. Is this legit or someone’s attempt to generate false hope and value?

If you don't mind me asking... what is a VON? Not so familiar with american carlanguageo

Car language

The Vehicle Order Number. It is a unique number assigned to a vehicle for internal invoicing administrative and production purposes. It is listed on the fender tag and broadcast sheet. It can be used as a clue as to whether or not the car was built for a reason outside of normal retail sale.

The VIN is unique number and is an administrative number mostly used for license registration and insurance purposes. It may or may not tell you the intended purpose of the vehicle.

Back