cigarette lighter

1969 300

Reaction score
I am wondering if the cigarette lighter socket in my 69 300 could power a cell phone? I don't know if the older ones have the same voltage as the newer ones.

Perfect, I just didnt want to fry my car (or my phone)

You can run your phone, Ipod, GPS or anything else that is 12v from the cigarette lighter.

which is a lot of stuff. Dont forget the radar detector and the Satellite radio and the CB radio and the boom box.

Radar detector is the most important device I have plugged in.

With respect to detectors, yes they do work. The problem lies in that many police forces are using lasers, which use a directed beam that you can only detect when the beam actually hits your vehicle, at which point it's really too late. There's about a 1/4 second reaction time.

some do, but not many ......... I have been hearing that laser story for twenty years, it hasnt changed

The best detector is the guy who just passed you....... Just drop in behind him..... and keep to the right. They aim their radar on the left lanes.

The best detector is the guy who just passed you....... Just drop in behind him..... and keep to the right. They aim their radar on the left lanes.

That's how I run on the road. And when nobody speeding ahead of me... I run 7 mph over the limit.

With respect to detectors, yes they do work. The problem lies in that many police forces are using lasers, which use a directed beam that you can only detect when the beam actually hits your vehicle, at which point it's really too late. There's about a 1/4 second reaction time.
Yah, sort of like "instant on" senario. There are tactics to deal with that too.

Plenty of idiots on the road that want to lead/ be first.......

I've learned to enjoy the journey. No longer need to travel 80 MPH and "get there first". I rarely even travel on the interstate system anymore. To many distracted morons with no sense of time and distance.
Theres still an "American adventure" on the hwys if you just look for it.

Back