Classing it up at the MetalmaniacAZ house

Here's a quick update for you guys, especially those needing a new fuel tank. I just placed my third order for a replacement fuel tank. Hopefully 3rd time will be a charm. It seems like there's a run on fuel tanks like toilet paper last year! Both of my previous orders were canceled due to no stock. I've got my fingers crossed for Mancini.

I was going to have mine professionally boiled out until I saw that some time in the car's life, somebody thought it would be a great idea to drill their own pickup hole and plug it with JB Weld. No Bueno. Do it right or don't do it at all!

Quick update from the Metal Ranch:
So it looks like the national shortage of (insert random raw material here) is finally hitting us for parts. Fuel tanks are on a national back order with no anticipated date. I bit the bullet today and took the tank down to a local radiator shop that will have it hot tanked and fill the holes that didn't come from the factory.

Time to get this old girl road worthy! My pile-o-parts is getting out of hand. As soon as the tank comes, I'll be going through the fuel system, complete brake job, wheels/tires (stock of course), and rebuilding the electric motors. Thankfully tons of info on all of those thing on here!

Back