Cold War Motors epic live feed on youtube...

I was thinking that Monaco looked like it might me a pretty good car. He said the fury is rusted out but I have wondered if he would make a trade on something.

the interior of the Windsor is not bad. Looks better in the vid than in person.

I'd seen the vid when it came out and thought the car looked save-able for sure. I had my '66 Fury, so I didn't think about the Windsor for long. Fast forward to about 6 weeks ago and I get a text from a friend of a friend asking if I'm interested in a '66 Chrysler 300. some back and forth and I pull the trigger on it for $600. the upside, it's a 300, it's rust free, it's cheap. The downside: it's a 4 door sedan and it's missing most of the interior. 383/727. and 3.23 rear, new glass. Every piece of chrome and trim is taped, labelled, with the hardware attached in a small bag. The previous owner was getting ready to paint it, it's in primer right now.

I stopped by Scott's place to show him, and he offers me the Windsor for $400. Plans changed dramatically.

The Windsor is what Scott calls a "bottom 6 inches" car. Rockers, quarters, and to a lesser extent the floors are pretty poor. The "300" has already donated the rear diff and springs to the Windsor. It will be donating everything else soon enough. The end goal is a 2 door hardtop 300. Canadian 300's had the same tail lights as the Windsor (American Newport)

I'll dig up some pics when I have a bit more time tomorrow.

Did the 300s have the slender rear pillars also?
I dont know why that body was built with side pillars. It's not different enough to change the style and does not look as sleek.

The pics of Canadian 300's I've seen all have the slender rear pillars like the Windsor, as well as the same tail lights.

Back