Concrete contractor delimia

I have been doing some research and from what I have come across....and remember I am no expert, nor have much in the way of concrete experience....but the addition of fiberglass to the mix does not negate the use of re-bar? The fiberglass helps with the concrete strength and cracking, but you should still have some re-bar in the pad regardless.

Re mesh is all you need, not rebar. A guarantee in life, concrete will crack, the use of metal helps keep the crack from separating . Being just a car port he may not want the trouble we've given him and a simple slab on stone is all he wants

I paid 7+K for a 28X34 slab and rat wall in Chelsea, Mi. in '99, but I waz also paying $105X4 per month for 4 rental unit too and I needed that slab in within a week after I closed on the place too soooo? Do you contract yourself or bite the bullet? I had to crack my fillingz on the deal I did in '99, NEVER AGAIN, Jer

If it is just a slab to store cars on, x2 on the Home Depot labor. It's not rocket science.

One day to form it up, pour and float the next day.

Unless you have money to burn, a contractor has to make roughly a couple thousand off you.
Pay 2 guys $100 per day, buy the forms, rent the tools, you can buy something nice for your race car.

If it is just a slab to store cars on, x2 on the Home Depot labor. It's not rocket science.

One day to form it up, pour and float the next day.

Unless you have money to burn, a contractor has to make roughly a couple thousand off you.
Pay 2 guys $100 per day, buy the forms, rent the tools, you can buy something nice for your race car.
I need grading

I need grading
And the Mexican who pours the slab will know another Mexican that will do the grading.
See how the system works?

men_digging.jpeg

And the Mexican who pours the slab will know another Mexican that will do the grading.
See how the system works?

Yep. Mexicans are great at networking. Any Mexican restaurants around there....?
Call the local concrete supplier and find out the cost based on sq ft. Then do what Jer suggested

Ellie worked with a Mexican lady who had a brother, cousin, father ....... all who had friends. One call will get it done. AND, they show up when they say they will and do what they say they will do.

Ok I appreciate all the commits & advice. Here's what I have decided to do. I have a lot going on & need to get this behind me. I desparetly need more room. So I'm going to spread the word that I'm looking a couple of skilled laborers to pour a 10 X 20 slab so I can attach a room on the side of my shop that I can use as a parts department. Shelves, good lighting. Then I will put up that 20 X 20 carport on the dirt behind my shop. That is where I will disassemble the cars I'm parting out. I need something to get out of the sun & light rain. Bob will be a happy boy. And I can get that darn carport off the ground

Last DIY job my Dad and I did we delayed our sawing too long and ended up with one stress crack. Other than that it's held up well for 20 years. We used the fiberglass formula with screening and a broom finish. No need for rental equipment just hammered together some long handled floats. It will take a day out of your life but save a ton of money.

There are two kinds of concrete. That which has cracked and that which hasnt cracked yet.
I had a 14x 21 x 6" pad poured about 10 years ago. I did all the prep work and supplied the mesh. The guys worked at the concrete plant and did it on the side. Fiberglass in the mix with broom finish was $800.

I knew a nut job that did concrete work at one time. I was talking with him about concrete and he corrected me stating something along the lines that cement work you do with a trowel and concrete work you do with a jack hammer. lol.

Back