Correct wheel covers

Did I mention that the original covers FALL OFF???

So, maybe I should just run 2 or 3 originals 2 or 3 missing?

There is a big difference in poverty caps.
I don't like the way how my car looks with the 'normal' (like the polara) caps,
But I have bought a set of year correct Chrysler (with emblem) caps, and i think they look cool!

If your hub caps fall off, it's a good alternative to use poverty caps

Martyx

The wheel/ tire debate continues. .that Monaco deserves to be dressed well Cinderella in a gown with glass slippers, not sweats and sneakers

Car is for sale so you boys can put whatever wheels you want after you own her.

Besides, I already told you guys that I like the way it looks. As long as I own the car, I will not run the original covers. It's not worth risking it on a car that is for sale.

The wheel/ tire debate continues. .that Monaco deserves to be dressed well Cinderella in a gown with glass slippers, not sweats and sneakers

For some strange reason I really like the dog dish look, but my feeling says it's not right. Like observing a stripper when you have a beautiful wife at home. :)

Ross, you can do what you want. I can understand why you don't want to drive it with the original caps (being afraid of loosing them).

But the car deserves the full wheel covers to look right. If it would be my car I would buy a bunch of them over the time so I can easily replace them if one gets lost. Wouldn't install perfect ones unless for a major Moparshow.

Carsten

You could easily secure them to the rims anyways with a very thin translucent wire like used on fishing rods for example, just brainstorming....

Not even close to the same thing

I know Dave, nothing compares to the two "wizards of to the point comparisons" ; but at least the hubcaps are considered to be "stripper". :)

You could easily secure them to the rims anyways with a very thin translucent wire like used on fishing rods for example, just brainstorming....

Some tweeking with a pair of plyers and/or a screwdriver will eliminate the problem altogether. The "grippers" on the backside of the wheel covers tend to become deformed with time and after being removed and reinstalled several times. I automatically make the adjustments on any car with wheelcovers I buy.

In a worse case a little sealer/caulk on the rim before installing the cover will help.

Of course....... That won't fix the issue of Ross "liking" the dog dish caps:poke:.

What bluefury361 said. Mine fell off all the time until I bent the little tabs back out. They've done fine since.

I had the impression on my 60 Chevy that the front full wheel covers only held up to a certain cornering speed, despite adjusting, but I always recovered them except for once. And don't forget he's called Stormer. :)

Good point......!

A lot of the issue can be contributed to the lighter weight steel wheels being designed for use with bias tires.
When radials are mounted on these rims the additional stiffness of the sidewalls causes the older/lighter rims to flex with hard side force when cornering......

Lift an old rim from a bias tire equipped car and the equivelant rim from a radial equipped car and you can feel the difference in weight.

There's no accounting for taste.... ;)

The way I drive I'm lucky to keep the wheels on, let alone caps. The dishes are a pita to get on or off. Suits my driving style.

Back