Craig (Mobileparts)

Hey you bunch of GREAT GUYS ----

I see an alert that sent me here ---- and I am taking five minutes now to type this out......
I have not read any of the comments yet --- But I WILL read all of them twice later tonight.....

I spent 28 days at NYU Langone Hospital --- and am now in my 20th day at Sun Harbor Manor Extended Care Health Facility / Nursing Home --- where my heavy duty rehabilitation began Monday......

I will give you all a full account of what happened when I have more time, but a quick synopsis is :

Four cops responded to a botched "wellness check" and mistakenly, pummeled me, and dragged me across seven concrete steps --- to cause these injuries ---
Pressure wound to bottom of left foot, half of my left knee is gone ( required surgery), left hip pain, both elbows scraped and bloodied, left shoulder and back destroyed (required surgery ) (Nuraes have practically fainted and have said bedside prayers -- as they have had to redress the wounds ---- as my back has been bleeding nightly into the sheets......)

I can not walk for these 48 days, yesterday was my first day taking baby steps, and I am going to stay at it something fierce.... It is not my time to die just yet, I have 500,000 guys out there who want me, need me, and I Bro - Love ya'
all back........

Oop, nurse is here --- gotta run --- more later ----

Please keep me in your thoughts and PRAYERS --- you all know I am here for you --- and I need to be much more than a " vegetable " ......

With my forever love and respect, Craig.......

Hey you bunch of GREAT GUYS ----

I see an alert that sent me here ---- and I am taking five minutes now to type this out......
I have not read any of the comments yet --- But I WILL read all of them twice later tonight.....

I spent 28 days at NYU Langone Hospital --- and am now in my 20th day at Sun Harbor Manor Extended Care Health Facility / Nursing Home --- where my heavy duty rehabilitation began Monday......

I will give you all a full account of what happened when I have more time, but a quick synopsis is :

Four cops responded to a botched "wellness check" and mistakenly, pummeled me, and dragged me across seven concrete steps --- to cause these injuries ---
Pressure wound to bottom of left foot, half of my left knee is gone ( required surgery), left hip pain, both elbows scraped and bloodied, left shoulder and back destroyed (required surgery ) (Nuraes have practically fainted and have said bedside prayers -- as they have had to redress the wounds ---- as my back has been bleeding nightly into the sheets......)

I can not walk for these 48 days, yesterday was my first day taking baby steps, and I am going to stay at it something fierce.... It is not my time to die just yet, I have 500,000 guys out there who want me, need me, and I Bro - Love ya'
all back........

Oop, nurse is here --- gotta run --- more later ----

Please keep me in your thoughts and PRAYERS --- you all know I am here for you --- and I need to be much more than a " vegetable " ......

With my forever love and respect, Craig.......
Prayers are ongoing

Did a bit of reading into 'wellness checks' in the US, scary stuff, many have been shot dead in these situations. What the hell is going on?

Hey Men / so many Great guys here, and Many, Many Thanks to DetMatt especially, who has really solidified his standing as the # 1 guy on this site --- because not only is he knowledgable, he has a heart of GOLD, and so many of you guys just " Get it ".....what God wants us to be in Life....

So many Friends responding ---- I gave Thanks and Agrees to your comments ------
Craig Metal Maniac AZ, Ross W Canada EH ?, Scott Locumob,
Mario Marpar, Wayne Delta V, MrFury68, and on and on....

Let me assure you --- as long as I am alive --- I will continue to treat everyone on this planet like Gold, that is my very nature, that is the only way I have ever been in every facet of my life..... My wife passed 29 years ago... And I will never do anything to jeopardize my traveling up the high speed elevator to those pearly gates when my time on Earth is completed.......

These last 47 days have been HELL --- and this is hopefully my only trip here --- as I am working very hard to be
" Whole " again......

One quick note about cops.....
I have friends who are cops and retired cops....
I service cops with old, antique, and classic cars, as many officers do have old cars///
Lyndy 1969 & 1970 Caddy , Steve 1967 & 1968 GTO,
Mark 1967 & 1969 Rivieras & more, Det. Jeff 1969 AMX,
And more.......

I don't hate cops.... I have respect for cops.....
90 % of their days are easy / donut and coffee days....
The other 10 % of their days can be scary / horror filled /
death encountering / and nothing quite frankly, I would ever want as my employment......

These cops failed MISERABLY in their attempt (?) to "help"
me --- and now my liberty to even Walk as been severely compromised or maybe even taken away.... To be determined.......( right now, I have to poop in a bed pan in bed, thanks to them.....)

More later, gotta! run....... Craig.......

They are a good thing to check on a friend, who you might have " fallen and can't get up " to save his / her life ----
But cops have a responsibility to deliver a human being to the hospital in the condition they found him in, and I was in bed, sleeping (it was 6:00 A.M. --- which, you will see when I let you all know about this --- shortly)

The one cop leaned in and said, as they were dragging me,
" These ******* Squatters are always a problem... They are a bigger ******* problem every day... We have to get rid of them.... "

Of course, he confused ten million dollars of automotive parts for whatever " possessions " squatters own......

As Maxwell Smart used to say, " Missed by that much " !!!

More shortly, Yours, Craig......

I mentioned that he has some friends that are helping him and they have access to his home. They are telling him it looks like the place has been ransacked and some of his possessions are definitely missing. Included in that is a tablet that he had gotten through Verizon. A couple of people have reached out to me via private message showing interest in helping him in someway. I wanted to actually talk to him and find out what he really needs at this moment before organizing something. It sounded to me like the thing that he could benefit most from at this very moment would be a replacement tablet. I am going to look into getting him a tablet and I am hoping that we can get enough people to pitch in on this gift for him. It looks like we could get him what he needs for around $300 or so. Let me know if you want to help.
I was shocked when I read about this on FBBO. You're a good man for jumping to help out Matt....and I do hope that someday Craig regains full function of his legs and body.

I'll send you a message to help chip in with your offer to help Craig also.

Get well Craig. :thumbsup:

They are a good thing to check on a friend, who you might have " fallen and can't get up " to save his / her life ----
But cops have a responsibility to deliver a human being to the hospital in the condition they found him in, and I was in bed, sleeping (it was 6:00 A.M. --- which, you will see when I let you all know about this --- shortly)

The one cop leaned in and said, as they were dragging me,
" These ******* Squatters are always a problem... They are a bigger ******* problem every day... We have to get rid of them.... "

Of course, he confused ten million dollars of automotive parts for whatever " possessions " squatters own......

As Maxwell Smart used to say, " Missed by that much " !!!

More shortly, Yours, Craig......

Holy krap, Craig! I hope you fully recover from this incident. As regards the cops: squatter or not, no one should be man-handled the way you were to end up in the hospital requiring multiple surgeries and extensive rehab. Please get some legal assistance right away. Rip

Cool. You're still wrong, and I do know Craig. Glad you think the cops are the victims.
haha yea once again twisting words around since I never said they were the victims. BUT based on your responses it sounds like you bring them many years of job security with your zero accountability, self righteous, liberal self. You should run for office, you'd fit right in with our current government always redirecting, mis-quoting, and excuse making. Likely you lie, cheat, and steal too so you'd fit right in. Find it funny the anti cop rhetoric coming from the guy from Australia and Minnesota, don't you have the next COVID strain to go hide in a closet from or some autonomous zone to go create rather than spending the end of days on a forum? My suggestion is before anyone continues bashing police try going to your local police and do a ride along to see the current bullshit, prejudgement, and other crap they go thru while protecting your ***, enforcing your governments rules, and helping people on their worst day of their life. THEN you might be able to actually reflect on reality. This thread has become a bore and nothing to do with anything mopar from the start, if I wanted to listen to cop bashing and how this world should run as a free for all I'd tune in to CNN or MSNBC.

As for Craig, irregardless of the circumstances, getting injured sucks and whom ever was in the wrong with their actions hopefully they will take accountability without any further injuries to anyone. No one deserves to get injured and this world would be a better place if all people made good decision decisions all the time.

This may take a little while, but I am going to let everyone know what happened ---
If you would like to call me --- use my land line phone number --- 516 - 485 - 193five --- (moderators --- please allow my phone number to be revealed, for this situation,..,)

I will try to call you back with my cell from the hospital --- but I can't have that ringing when the nurses are here, when I am in therapy, etc., etc... I am sure you understand....

So, I was at the Macungie, Pa. Wheels of Time car show -- and on Saturday night, August 27th, and the Hall of Fame Cover Band "Flamin' Dick and the Hot Rods" played their 1950s & 1960s Rock & Roll --- and I danced the night away
with Diane, Tracy, Laura and others --- and when an Old Ugly Fart like me gets to dance with beautiful ladies , I
DON'T say " No " .....

Monday, August 29th was the last night of the summer bowling league I run --- and I bowled all 48 games --- 12 weeks times 4 games per night --- with all 16 pound balls....

The next few days , I was getting ready for the upcoming
Englishtown, New Jersey, Fall Carlisle, Pa., and HERSHEY, Pa. Car Shows.....

I reserved a U Haul, as always, I was putting all the Special Orders, and extra stock I bring for these shows, into the hallway to prepare to load the U Haul.....

I was still answering all phones and e mails, and getting out some last minute orders, before I would not be available to do so while I was on the road for those next 2 2/3rd weeks......

**** So , I don't want to hear any lies about " pre-existing"
conditions....... ****

Now, that week was the last big heat wave of the season --- 92 to 95 degrees all week, and the thermostat revealed it was 87 degrees inside --- so that night, it was going down to 62 degrees, so I left the front door open, to cool the place off.....

At 6:00 A.M. that morning, these cops came to do a
"wellness check" on someone named ' Bruce '
Of course, there is N O Bruce there ---- and I was in bed, naked, sleeping in my bed.....
When they awoke me, I said , " Whoa, what the hell are you doing ????? "
" Let's go, you're coming with us..... "
I replied, " For what ???? Let me get my pants, let me get my keys, let me get my glasses..... "
" Nope, " they responded, " You're coming with us....."

They wrapped me in, what I believe, was a large blanket, and dragged me out across the seven (7) concrete stairs to bring me up to ground level.....

I don't know if they took measures to sedate me, etc., etc.... I remember screaming out twice, " What the **** are you doing ???? What the **** are you doing ???? "

I knew that there were four (4) cops or cop cars --- because I heard the one cop at my head say " We have 4 units here ... And then, he stated " These ******* squatters are a pain in the ***... They are a bigger, ******* problem every day.....We have got to get rid of them"......

Of course, they dragged me through 10 million dollars worth of antique and classic auto parts. --- not whatever possessions a squatter owns !!!!
As Maxwell Marty used to say " Missed by that much. " !!!!
And, they did manage to steal the $ 3000 of state quarters on the night table next to the bed.... Or, help themselves to a nice healthy tip........

Next thing I know, was that I was at N Y U Langone Hospital's I C U (Intensive Care Unit).....

I spent 28 days at Langone Hospital. During that time , I had a plethora of tests, MRIs, X Rays, and on and on....

The injuries were / are :
Pressure Wound in Left foot --- an actual 1 1/2'ish round hole in my left heel..... , scrapes and scratches and nicks on both feet, a damaged left knee [ that required Surgery ] to drain fluids, as they said there were immunities or impurities or something, where they feared internal body poison / sepsis..... Left Hip pain (no visual injuries) , Left Upper Back
Injury --- 10 " x 12 " patch to cover [ required Surgery ] which has caused Nurses to practically faint and hold bedside vigils, when opened up daily to redress it, both elbows scraped and bloodied, and a nasty 1 " round scab covering an injury to my forehead......

And, I was old and ugly before this !!!!

After 28 days at Langone Hospital --- I was discharged to the Sun Harbor Manor Extended Care Health Facility / Nursing Home, where I am now in my 21st day here ---- so this horrible episode in my life has now reached 49 days / seven (7) weeks.....

With spotters, two days ago, I was able to take my first miniature steps inside parallel bars as part of the therapy....
And yesterday, I stood up from the wheelchair into a walker, and with spotters, took a few miniature steps in him....,,

I have to be " hoyered (lifted)" from the bed into the wheelchair --- so this recovery time is going to be extended, long, and difficult.....

I am not going to be Hulk Hogan overnite..... How do I become the buff, toned, youth I was 44 years ago ????

I am doing leg , knee, and arms exercises every day in their gym, and am doing more while I am in bed.... I am doing arm exercises in the middle of the night with my eyes closed, as I am not exactly getting quality sleep and much of it.....

I never had a lawyer in my life.... I have retained the services of a Garden City Lawyer, who has indicated to me that these cases are difficult to win, because of the natural logistics of them ---- no little slip and fall weasel is qualified for a case like this --- but he has won them before.....

The first thing I said to him was " Listen, if WE win 12 billion dollars versus me being able to walk again normally --- I would rather walk again normally "

But, inconvenience...... Am I scared, nervous, and I have shed some tears ??? I am not embarrassed to say ,
" Absolutely. " to all of the above....
I still have to poop in bed, and luckily, my body has been regular enough, where I can still call the nurse and get a bed pan set up, to make their job to clean me less of an issue... I am maintenance required enough........

So, that is where I stand ( ha ha ) at the moment ....
If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free at any time to ask me here, call me, and I promise you, I will answer all, regardless of how difficult it may be....
If you have any thoughts or suggestions --- don't hold back --- I am all ears , and I will entertain all ideas.... You don't have to sugar coat anything.....

Those who know me know I have a Heart of GOLD.... I treat everyone with respect and dignity,.... I have 500,000 guys and a few girls on this planet who love me, because I have served them, automotive speaking, to the highest level obtainable in this universe..... I have been blessed by God with some ubvelievable recall power, and with 51 years of experience, great old catalogs, hundreds of incredible courses, and an unmatchable willingness to help....
I have 500 billion part numbers committed to memory --- and that saves me a lot of tune at the shows, etc., etc.

I am Ivy League educated , I grew up in my grandfather's auto parts store --- where we were especially known for old car parts ..... Keeping beautiful old cars on the road , for me, is the ultimate reward,,,,.

My wife passed 29 years ago, and I am taking the express elevator to Heaven when my time on this planet is complete.... People ask me when I am going to retire --- and I tell them, " The day that I die...." I have been blessed to do what I do --- I have received blessings these last seven weeks from Florida to California and Oregon , and all points in between --- Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Missouri, Minnesota (of course --- SKOL VIKINGS), Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and more......

I ask that you keep me in your thoughts and prayers --- and remind GOD that my mission to assist everyone on this planet is not complete ( as evidenced by my backlog of phone messages and e mails --- yikes !!! )

Thank you all for making my life great --- I sincerely hope that I have made your life better by knowing me......
Hopefully, we are not done......

With love and respect, Yours, Craig......

Last edited:
I wish you a speedy recovery. Make sure that your attorney has handled civil rights claims against police officers before because such a claim can result in an award of punitive damages against the officers and the police department and that can be a huge amount. Thank you for spelling things out. This is completely insane. Have your attorney secure the recording of the call to the police by the person that requested the wellness check. I handled and managed claims against police departments and officers for many years and if your attorney thinks that this is a tough case to win, you may not have the right attorney IMHO.

haha yea once again twisting words around since I never said they were the victims. BUT based on your responses it sounds like you bring them many years of job security with your zero accountability, self righteous, liberal self. You should run for office, you'd fit right in with our current government always redirecting, mis-quoting, and excuse making. Likely you lie, cheat, and steal too so you'd fit right in. Find it funny the anti cop rhetoric coming from the guy from Australia and Minnesota, don't you have the next COVID strain to go hide in a closet from or some autonomous zone to go create rather than spending the end of days on a forum? My suggestion is before anyone continues bashing police try going to your local police and do a ride along to see the current bullshit, prejudgement, and other crap they go thru while protecting your ***, enforcing your governments rules, and helping people on their worst day of their life. THEN you might be able to actually reflect on reality. This thread has become a bore and nothing to do with anything mopar from the start, if I wanted to listen to cop bashing and how this world should run as a free for all I'd tune in to CNN or MSNBC.

As for Craig, irregardless of the circumstances, getting injured sucks and whom ever was in the wrong with their actions hopefully they will take accountability without any further injuries to anyone. No one deserves to get injured and this world would be a better place if all people made good decision decisions all the time
You and your 118 messages need to take a step back.
Politics are not allowed.
We get it your a lifelong security guard that worships cops, but could not past the phycological test.
Attacking long running members here that you will never meet is not cool. Nobody really even cares about cops in general (except you), we just avoid them. Craig did not put himself in their narrow sights, just ended up there.
@ toolmanmike, @ joeychgo, maybe explain rules to this new member.

Craig, again I wish you a speedy recovery. Seems like we are both out of action for a while. Three weeks ago I almost lost all four fingers on my left hand. It is not pretty. Had to have surgery to reconnect some tendons. Let's make a bet on who gets better first. Maybe it will help us both get back to what we love. Bill

As for Craig, irregardless of the circumstances, getting injured sucks and whom ever was in the wrong with their actions hopefully they will take accountability without any further injuries to anyone. No one deserves to get injured and this world would be a better place if all people made good decision decisions all the time
Yea I'm sure thats exactly how it went. You sound like the woke anti pd mob. Sucks to be craig but clearly theres more to that story

Shame on you for pre-judging someone without knowing the facts, you're no better than the thugs in uniform responsible for this and many other instances of police brutality. You are a waste of this forum's time. How about admins step in, this is not acceptable.

As for Craig, irregardless of the circumstances, getting injured sucks and whom ever was in the wrong with their actions hopefully they will take accountability without any further injuries to anyone. No one deserves to get injured and this world would be a better place if all people made good decision decisions all the time.
Boy am I glad you're not a cop, your investigative skills suck! Once again, you are completely off the mark, and none of what you said is even close to accurate.

I've been on a ride along, and questioned why they needed an MP5 with two 30 round magazines, in a yuppie suburb of 45,000. I don't believe I said squat about the cops to begin with, other than it was wrong they drug an innocent victim out of his residence. I've known plenty of cops, and many of them should have n be had a badge. Many of them lost that badge for their "stand up" behavior, exposing themselves around a foster child they had, brandishing their weapon in off duty hours, having sex with their subordinates while on duty and failing to respond to calls. They are no better than any other person on the planet. Stop holding them up as the best citizens this country has to offer. They are a great example of the cross section of Americans, some good, some bad.

My friend is on the mend, so I'll end our discussion here.

Good day.

Last edited:
@mobileparts Craig, glad to hear you are mobile, all though it's very limited at this time. Keep at it, and I'll see you at Carlisle next July! Hang in there buddy, SKOL!!!

Back