Damn funny Craigslist ad!

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I live on Rt. 82 in Garrettsville and was mowing my yard when a blue Dodge Dart went by VERY fast. Next thing I saw was a Mustang following it with no doors. This seemed strange but I continued to mow. As I got closer to the road I saw two large black pieces of metal in my ditch. If you are a Mustang owner who was racing a Dodge on Rt. 82 yesterday I have your doors. Please email me or come back, I don't want my friends seeing me with these.
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 3842927633 Posted: 2013-06-01, 1:34PM EDT email to a friend

image.jpg

LOL! when I was a SMALL kid in the early 70s,,, my mom used to say she was gonna blow the doors off a neighborhood teenager that had a superbird... we had like an opel or something... good memories

Never saw an ad quite like that..... Great one...:laughing4:

There was a hilarious one someone posted on FBBO a while back by a guys selling an old Van. I'll see if I can find that one

the ad is still there but has all the funny bits taken out and unfortunately no one copied the text of the ad in the forum about it. :( too bad it was really funny

Last edited:
This was posted on FBBO this morning, that's where I got it. It had to be shared.

You still remember what model that was ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Manta

it had to have been a manta, but I don't remember it being cool at all. I don't remember a spoiler lip at the trunk, I thought it was flat. but I was like 4 - 5 yrs old... it was orange with black interior, I remember the dots on the vinyl seats, and it was a manual, and it had a lightning bolt thru an O looking thing for the logo . . . not much else from a 5yr old in the back seat :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Manta

it had to have been a manta, but I don't remember it being cool at all. I don't remember a spoiler lip at the trunk, I thought it was flat. but I was like 4 - 5 yrs old... it was orange with black interior, I remember the dots on the vinyl seats, and it was a manual, and it had a lightning bolt thru an O looking thing for the logo . . . not much else from a 5yr old in the back seat :)

You're right they did not come with a spoiler from the factory. They sold them through the Buick dealerships.
Over here they were practically something like a Camaro in the US.

Back