Dash voltage regulator

rkrochen

Reaction score
Had to replace my dash voltage regulator on the weekend. This has been hashed over many times but I thought it wouldn’t hurt to show newbies what can be done. Some models of C bodies were built with a dash voltage regulator that would control the fuel gauge and temp gauges. In the case of my 66 fury it’s built into the fuel gauge. To repair I simply removed it from the gauge and then replaced it with a transitor style voltage regulator. I mounted it on the side of the gauge to make it easy to replace in the event of a failure (which happened in my case). Simply use pop rivets for mounting the regulator and remastering the front plate.
Attached are photos demonstrating what I did. Works great.

IMG_4596.jpeg

IMG_4597.jpeg

IMG_4598.jpeg

IMG_4599.jpeg

IMG_4600.jpeg

Nice! I went with a plug and play direct replacement from "Standard." $35 shipped, I confirmed it worked on the bench before installing, and it does it's job. Thanks for showing how to do the "modern" upgrade!

Nice! I went with a plug and play direct replacement from "Standard." $35 shipped, I confirmed it worked on the bench before installing, and it does it's job. Thanks for showing how to do the "modern" upgrade!
Thanks for the positive comments. I guess it shows some of us old farts can use modern technology.

Back