Dave,s Sport fury GT 6bbl

While it's fantastic to see Dave have a chance to discuss the car in his own words the interviewer seemed oblivious to the herculean effort it took to create this Holy Grail car. Thanks for posting this for those of us who haven't heard Dave's story before
:thumbsup:

When did Dave get a B7 6bbl GT? I know he had the two black ones....the junk yard dog (black with black bench interior) then the black with burnt orange bucket interior one, and then the Yellow with white gut brougham promo 6bbl GT.

Regardless it's nice to see a real 6bbl GT that has been restored to factory original.

Dave's car was parked right behind me at Carlisle last summer. It was an honour to share the special display with him and the Hurst 'vert and Joe W's 67 Fury.

Dave's car was absolutely immaculate - I drooled the entire time I was there. An added plus is that it is a Canadian car I believe, originally from Montreal.

You can tell that the spokesperson knows absolutely NOTHING about cars... lol...

I must be remembering wrong... no matter. The car is absolutely fantastic, (colour, options, everything) and the 70 Sport Fury is my all-time favourite Mopar (2nd place is a 1961 NYr wagon). Love that rim-blow wheel.

If it were possible to go back in time and order such a car, I would have ordered the car exactly as optioned with the only changes being power windows and seats (I love toys), and although I know it was not possible to order it, I would have included AC in there too. Maybe one day I'll build a clone for fun just the way I like it...

I must be remembering wrong... no matter. The car is absolutely fantastic, (colour, options, everything) and the 70 Sport Fury is my all-time favourite Mopar (2nd place is a 1961 NYr wagon). Love that rim-blow wheel.

Just a time out, not to really interrupt the thread on a great car, but just in case, here is your opportunity....................................

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/chrysler/new-yorker/1904073.html

61 NY Wagon.jpg

Now move on..................................

How many of the known 6 pack SFGTs are B7 blue? What are the other colors besides at least one black and one yellow one?

How many of the known 6 pack SFGTs are B7 blue? What are the other colors besides at least one black and one yellow one?

Someone please correct my paint codes,...I can't remember the C-Body Plymouth code at the moment...

Known cars:

1 car in A4 metallic silver
2 cars in X9 Black velvet
1 car in Y2 Light yellow
1 car in B5 blue
1 car in B7 blue
1 car in FK3 burnt orange metallic
1 car in white

So if you want a 6BBL Sport Fury those are your options for now....there are a couple I can't remember at the moment.

This is the burnt orange of Billyfury or is this a red one.......?
upload_2017-1-25_20-56-50.png

Dan P. had an EB3 blue one

My memory says there was a second in EB7 in Dan Corleys old list

Carsten

Back