the real 70 GT and S/23 #s

Why does it give more hope ? Because more were built than previously thought?
I'm thinking the opposite. If we doubled the number built but I still can't find one, that would mean the survival rate of the species is even less than previously thought.

I still think there's 20 or so sitting in various garages around the continent waiting to be seen.
Sure, nothing has really changed with the exception of my perception of the remaining amount of cars that might become available as people die off or sale off.
I like the idea of a little more hope of finding one in a garage somewhere. i prefer to look at things in a positive light.

Sure, nothing has really changed with the exception of my perception of the remaining amount of cars that might become available as people die off or sale off.
I like the idea of a little more hope of finding one in a garage somewhere. i prefer to look at things in a positive derbies.
Who doesn't?
Correct, nothing has changed except the total number of cars built and the survival percentage went way down.
I still expect to this very day that I will find a survivor GT 6 bbl car, the perfect polaras AND to win the lottery. Can't get much more positive than that.

Turns the 1 in ~11 probability of of finding a 6bbl GT into a 1 in ~21 chance lol. Crazy how low a percentage take on 6bbls was.

There were tons a of fast cars offered back then so if one bought a GT he wanted THAT particular model. So why not go all the way and check the 6bbl box ? I think the AC being unavailable with the 6bbl was the major reason for that.

i was reading through the 1970 SG30 report - also known as the option & accessory sales report when i realised that the #s used by some GT & S/23 sites are wrong.
for those who dont know what an SG30 is, its a report generated by the accounting department giving the # of shipments ( cars) and totals of every option in % form.
unfortunately this is listed for each option / color but not in combination with other options; accounting didnt need that information.
this report is done after the model year production run is over and is used to help decide what options / colors to offer in the next year's production run.
these are the real #s, alot of the time they would stop counting cars after a certain date and publish them when the reality is production could have kept on for weeks longer.

the real number of GTs shipped is 1306, not 666 as seen on some GT sites. 61 cars had the 6v
the real number of S/23s ( listed as S23 ) is 1314 not 689 as also seen on some sites.
you can see the totals on the top right for GTs & S23s

im sure some people will be upset but the SG30s are the real facts

mark

View attachment 618716
Is it possible to get a more clear scan or picture of the sheet? (especially the area in question) Are there other sheets available for viewing?

heres a closeup.
you can also see the #s for the hardtop & formal top 2drs.
most information isnt always this clear, some of it isnt readable and not worth posting at this time. it is going to take alot of time and effort to clear things up, so this is it for now

1695830957382.png

heres a closeup.
you can also see the #s for the hardtop & formal top 2drs.
most information isnt always this clear, some of it isnt readable and not worth posting at this time. it is going to take alot of time and effort to clear things up, so this is it for now

View attachment 619427
Thank you. Is there a date on this report?

I remember informing Dan Pausch and Galen Govier on to the Ward’s books in 1999. They had never heard of them before and both of them were shocked with the information. All of the sudden “new production percentages” were released in the early 2002/3 by Dave W., Galen G, etc,….

I found Wards with help from my local public library, it is one if the best uses of my tax dollars.

Want to know more about production records? Do some research with the US Patent Office…there’s a ton of free information to find there if you have the time to dig.

Your welcome. ;)

I just bought a couple of Ward's books last night, for my years of cars. More to add to the car library.

It's my understanding that these are yearly cumulative numbers that were given to the higher management. Management then decided to discontinue slow selling options in order to cut costs and streamline operations.

I'm a little surprised that Marko hasn't posted the GT production numbers from the Dupont Paint Color data spreadsheet; that lists production numbers as well.

no, the #s wouldnt change from aug to sept so another wouldnt be needed

I asked that because (my memory is vague) Kevin and Bill had both pulled numbers from two different reports. One was produced in August, the other September. The later was said to be more accurate than the other.
(certainly could have need July and August) BUT there were two different reports.

I'm a little surprised that Marko hasn't posted the GT production numbers from the Dupont Paint Color data spreadsheet; that lists production numbers as well.
i havent seen the dupont spread sheet, i was not actively searching for GT #s, just happened to notice the discrepancy

I asked that because (my memory is vague) Kevin and Bill had both pulled numbers from two different reports. One was produced in August, the other September. The later was said to be more accurate than the other.
(certainly could have need July and August) BUT there were two different reports.
i do miss talking with Bill, its unfortunate that we cant find out any info about whats happened with him. this would be a conversation he would have enjoyed

Back