Daytona Charger (Restored at GYC) on the Racetrack

He does seem to have a big problem getting his car in the right spot for his initial burnout.

They put that car on the dyno at the Nats and it was listed at 245 hp which I thought was really weak for a car that should be tuned properly by GYC. I am glad to see it laying down nice time and mph for a restored car. Also glad to see it making passes at all, most people that think their car is too valuable to make a 100mph or less pass but then go out on the highway with 200/mo. Lease cars and a driver that is texting in traffic like Fri on 70 at the Nats.

He does seem to have a big problem getting his car in the right spot for his initial burnout.

He does that on purpose to keep the front tires dry. No need for that but it makes him feel safer I guess.

They put that car on the dyno at the Nats and it was listed at 245 hp which I thought was really weak for a car that should be tuned properly by GYC. I am glad to see it laying down nice time and mph for a restored car. Also glad to see it making passes at all, most people that think their car is too valuable to make a 100mph or less pass but then go out on the highway with 200/mo. Lease cars and a driver that is texting in traffic like Fri on 70 at the Nats.

If I had that Daytona.... I would be pounding it on the 1/4 mile as much as possible.

This is my friend Tom, and I was there that night! I'm driving the 70 Challenger. That Dyno run at the Nat's was a circus act. I know the guy that built that motor and trans. He was at the track that night too, running mid 10's in his Super Bee. Tom wouldn't be running those ET's with 245 HP, that's for sure.

Good for you and your friend, those portable dyno are suspect and I think catered to stuff like diesel trucks or just way over the top stuff, but what the hell do I know. The Super Bee is very cool mid 10s through mufflers. Like I said in the other post thanks for using the car as intended.

Back