Dealer Codes on glovebox door

mcmlvii

Reaction score
Has anyone done research on the dealer codes written on the white maintenance tag attached to the glovebox door on these older cars? I can't seem to get anywhere online.
DSC00191.JPG

Has anyone done research on the dealer codes written on the white maintenance tag attached to the glovebox door on these older cars? I can't seem to get anywhere online.
DSC00191.JPG

Those are just a dealer service dept code for the service performed. Likely reference a service invoice number. You won't learn anything about the car with them.
You do know about the metal code tag under the hood .....??

You do know about the metal code tag under the hood .....??
Yes, thanks, the tag's been decoded. I was just wondering if the dealer codes would tell me anything about where the car's been. The link above didn't show any dealers in Millington, TN, where the original owner lived (may or may not be the dealer's city). Thanks guys.

I don't mean to be disrespectful to bluefury361, but having worked at a Chrysler/Plymouth/Jeep dealership in the mid 1990's to early 2001, that IS A deajership ID code and NOT a code that identifies a particular service performed.

Here's a better link to use, although it is by no means exhaustive http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/vintageDealerships.shtml

I don't mean to be disrespectful to bluefury361, but having worked at a Chrysler/Plymouth/Jeep dealership in the mid 1990's to early 2001, that IS A deajership ID code and NOT a code that identifies a particular service performed.QUOTE]

No problem, always eager to learn something new.
I discounted the dealer code theory due to the fact that all the numbers were different. Most folks who depend on a dealership for service use the same dealer. Also most dealership codes were four digits, I thought. There are always exceptions though.

I don't mean to be disrespectful to bluefury361, but having worked at a Chrysler/Plymouth/Jeep dealership in the mid 1990's to early 2001, that IS A deajership ID code and NOT a code that identifies a particular service performed.

Here's a better link to use, although it is by no means exhaustive http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/vintageDealerships.shtml

Note the dealer code 63630 on the report I got for my car from what was Chrysler Historical300ProductionReport-edit.jpg

300ProductionReport-edit.jpg

Here's a better link to use, although it is by no means exhaustive
Thanks for the link M0. The original owner of my car was in the Navy and moved around a lot (TN, TX, CA that I know of), so that's why I figured so many different dealer codes on my maintenance tag. I wasn't able to find any of my dealer codes in the list but maybe someday the list will include more. Thanks all.
John

Back