Decent Pass Tonight

14.7 good for cruise but best power at wot is usually in the 12.5 area, his 9.5 is way fat that's why I was curious if it was what he is shooting for before kill spray or just plain fat. I admit I have little but observation experience with spray just trying to learn a little.

My AFR goal is 11.5. Anything leaner than that is not safe for spray. Still, 9.5-11.5 is a big swing. I'll put a one step smaller fuel jet in my plate & log again. Then, once I get the AFR dialed in, I'll send the logs to the tuner & he'll write a tune for a 250 shot & one for a 300 shot.

What did you do to get rid of the wheel hop? I can not leave under a lot of throttle with out it shaking the crap out of me.

I've tried it with full off and on and it's the same. My sons auto does not hop at all but my stick is hard launch without a good shake.

What did you do to get rid of the wheel hop? I can not leave under a lot of throttle with out it shaking the crap out of me.

I never had wheel hop on mine BUT I think it has the 3:06 gear. You should visit Challengertalk.com

I'm on there to. I thought I'd check you guys first before I buy something. I have the super track pack option with the 3.92 and if you stomp on the gas in first all it does is hop like a rabbit.

The six speeds that launch hard break axles. I wouldn't launch it hard without a spare axle or a trailer. There is a mod that you can do for the hop though. Check out lxforums.com.

I'm on Eibach coil overs cranked all the way down plus an aftermarket tranny, driveshaft, differential and axles. Theoretically, my car shouldn't hook on the Eibachs but it does.

I've tried it with full off and on and it's the same.
If it was tuned OFF, then of course it would be the same regardless if you turn it on or off.

That said, with traction control OFF, you should be spinning freely without hop.
If you're getting severe hop, then the car is TRYING to hook up. That is what hop is. Uber sticky tires + TC OFF = HOP. Are the OEM tires on there?
What tires is your son running.

My money is still on the PO did a custom tune. Reflash to stock and the Challenger you were expecting will be back.

I have hankook tires with a 280AAA rating and from what I've been reading the 6 speed cars have the problem not the autos. My sons 300 c has run a couple different tires with no problems and has bfg 275-40 -20s on it now with no issue.

I'm on there to. I thought I'd check you guys first before I buy something. I have the super track pack option with the 3.92 and if you stomp on the gas in first all it does is hop like a rabbit.

"We have the solution for the "wheel hop" issues that most manual transmission Challengers are experiencing.

Six speed owners can now benefit from the improved traction due to controlled wheel hop and share major handling improvements with automatic driven cars by eliminating the movement at the rear cradle mounts."

http://hopnot.net/HopNotStore/tabid/2127/Default.aspx

It's not the tune. Chrysler doesn't give traction control to the tuners in that manner. I have to manually turn mine off every time.

Many people don't want a computer doing the thinking.
I, myself, turned off the Automatic Stability Control and came within inches of killing myself.
Turned it back on and never touched the setting again.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
The best option is doing what you want so your Vette tune you gotta have one or the other, the Challenger tune gives you an option

Back