Dennis Gage digs the fast top roof line

MOVE N UP

Reaction score
IMG_9750.JPG
IMG_9751.JPG
IMG_9752.JPG
IMG_9748.JPG
IMG_9746.JPG
I know, I know -I must have a horseshoe up my ***! I participated in a very nice two day event car show at the most popular beach (Old Orchard Beach) that we have in southern Maine.
This year Dennis Gage and the "My Classic Car" tv crew were invited to attend, and film for a future episode ( spring of 2019)

Friday morning the town shut down the main boulevard and allowed show cars to park 6 lanes wide + many additional cars were parking in lots and side streets in anticipation for the "parade" cruise that occurs at dusk! it was estimated that nearly 500 cars participated this year!
About 1/2 hour prior to -staff members with bull horns ask drivers to return to their cars and be ready to go. When I returned to our coupe -the guy parked next to me said "Hey Dennis was here, and he was all over your car" " He really liked it" I thought "yeah okay" "that's cool"
The Mrs and I enjoyed the huge crowd lined up along the parade route as well as the many muscle cars in the parade smoking tires along the way - just a really great time!
Saturday morning @8:00 we drove both cars back to the beach to participate in the show! An amazing turn out for all 23 classes and a great showing for the "mopar" class = nearly 40 cars! Of note we're 2 SuperBirds and a very well done 69 Daytona clone 2 AAR CUDAS, 2shaker CUDAS, @ 4 Challenger s @ 7 Chargers from 66 -71 and amazingly @6 C Bodies
So @9:30 or so - as we were primping our two cars, Dennis drives up in a golf cart with his camera man. He pops out and walks straight toward me and asks " is this your Chrysler?" As he was pointing toward the fast top! I said "well, they both are" That set him on his heels a bit, and he said "that's too cool" He went on to tell me how he saw the car the afternoon before, and that "the roof line really grabbed his attention" The more he looked at the car inside and out the more it appealing it was!
He then asked to do a feature of the car for the show.... WELL YEAH! The fog was still hazy that early, so Ben -his camera man- asked if we could be available after the sun got the upper hand over the fog. Dennis took my cell phone # and asked me not to wander too far! It was surreal and nerve racking waiting for them to come back - but they did! And My Mrs. Was able to get video of Dennis explaining the layout of the interview and camera shots! -He could not have been nicer-just a great guy! And he really was enthusiastic about our 1968 300s!

Last edited:
Excellent for you, the Mrs and our C's . I personally despise him, so, he never noticed the roof line in 50 years till now?

Wow, congratulations, will look forward to viewing that episode. Hopefully you will know when the episode will air, so you can post it here. I see you are still a member of the " you suck " club.

They will email the air date to me -prior to. I will post it here as soon as I have the info!

Very very cool, congratulations, he usually only looks close at highly customized cars. I does seem to me that over the past 12 to 18 months there's been a new interest in C-Bodies that I haven't seen before. I recently bought a rear windshield from a gentleman in Michigan and he was very impressed with the pics I showed him of my car. He sent them to his son in Texas and said it was refreshing to see something other than an A, B, or E body.

I fear it's a double edged sword. It might draw interest to get some body panels produced by a reputable company but it will probably drive the price up so it will no longer be an inexpensive, "to buy" classic car.

Very very cool, congratulations, he usually only looks close at highly customized cars. I does seem to me that over the past 12 to 18 months there's been a new interest in C-Bodies that I haven't seen before. I recently bought a rear windshield from a gentleman in Michigan and he was very impressed with the pics I showed him of my car. He sent them to his son in Texas and said it was refreshing to see something other than an A, B, or E body.

I fear it's a double edged sword. It might draw interest to get some body panels produced by a reputable company but it will probably drive the price up so it will no longer be an inexpensive, "to buy" classic car.

A guy I work with has long been into muscle Mopars. At the 2018 Nats, he saw the sunroof '71 SFGT and has now been asking me tons of C-body questions.

Back