Detroit area WPC swap meet

You've got me on that WAWAW show? That's a new one to me? Last CEMA Show I did at the Museum was in 2010. 2 pix of the Batwagon in the archives that year on the 16th page. I'm not positive but I think ah friend named Ken Mack(300 Guy and ex Chrysler employee) took those pix that day. He camped out rite across the drive from me all day and we chatted a few timez thru' the day, Jer

Wild About Wheels At Work (WAWAW)

...an employee-only car show held during the workweek on the top level of one of the parking structures.

Interesting that you mention Ken Mack... Brandt R. (of the archives) responded to an email I'd sent him a while back regarding my Dodge Polara "Sundance". He said that Ken Mack had given him a standing order to put aside all materials related to the '73 Chrysler Mariner and '73 Plymouth Fury "Aspen".

However, he'd never found anything more than the photos and press releases that we'd all seen before. He knew nothing of the Sundance. He said he planned to contact Ken to see if he remembered the car.

I also chewed it over with some members of the WPC club. We came up with a theory... perhaps an exec liked the Sundance concept, but saw the Sunroof/Aztec designs as more of a youth market B-body idea. Some last minute shuffling was done, perhaps even handing the Aspen name to Dodge as a consolation prize? Rather than cloud the waters with a '73 Polara Sundance and then a '74 Satellite Sundance, the scrapped the idea on Polaras, but not scrapping the car. The car then just went to the Lynch road lot and was never shown to the public.

At any rate, the detective work continues!

If you haven't seen the Sundance thread, he's a link...

1973 Dodge Sundancer

If you know Ken Mack, I'd appreciate if you can get him to look at it. It looks like people's "memories" are all I have to go on, and I'd like to document these cars (including the Mariner) before the players aren't able to do it. Thanks

Back