Detroit car show and swap meet

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
image.png
It's a really good one so make the trip!

I never missed that show when I lived up there. The Packard proving grounds is a wonderful, historic landmark in the area.

Matt please post some pictures of the historical buildings or whatever is still standing. Thanks!

Is it worth a 3 hour drive?

I wish it was only three hours from me, I'd be there.
I'm not sure what condition the track is in these days. Back in the 80's, during a National Packard meet held there, I rode around it at 100 MPH sitting on the rear deck of a 56 Caribbean convertible, top down, with a video camera.

I wish it was only three hours from me, I'd be there.
I'm not sure what condition the track is in these days. Back in the 80's, during a National Packard meet held there, I rode around it at 100 MPH sitting on the rear deck of a 56 Caribbean convertible, top down, with a video camera.
I hope you never told your mother that, she'd probably have a heart attack.
I'll take pics.

I wish I was 3 hours away too. LOL!

Once I retire for good...the drive to Detroit and other places won't be holding me back.

I have gone to the January Swap at the Gibraltar Center for the last few years, but never been to the Packard Show. If the weather is going to be decent I think I will check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Dave

I should have the Imperial there.:steering:

I hope! I have to put it back together. Barring any complications it'll be there.

At this point I will have the Imp at this show. I hope some of you guys can make it and bring your C-bodies.:usflag:

At this point I will have the Imp at this show. I hope some of you guys can make it and bring your C-bodies.:usflag:

You could turn the show into the "FCBO north" gathering.
Some of us from the SE have met up at the Ocala Fl Garlits Mopar show in November the past couple of years and it's a blast to put faces with names.

It's a minor bucket list item for me, I would like to spend a little time in the land of automotive history... where better than Michigan? That will be a trip for another year however... I am still trying to get to Carlisle this year... work sucks sometimes.

Here are a few pics of the beautiful old buildings that have been going through preservation and restoration recently. It really is an incredible piece of automotive history.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Back