Detroit car show and swap meet

The first 2 pics are of the building in front at the entrance gates of the grounds and the last 2 pics show where the property now ends, flanked by residential and a park with sports fields.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Congratulations Matt. Well deserved. What kind of reaction did you get to your car from the attendees?
You know Fred I spent very little time around my car because most of the morning was spent helping organize the swap meet and hanging out with all my friends that never really step foot out of the swap meet area. I spoke to a few people that were around the car when I would stop by to drop off parts that I'd bought and they were impressed with its size and condition.
I was a little disappointed at the low C-body turnout but there were lots of nice cars most of which I did not photograph.

You can see on the map below that what's left of the race track is actually on the other side of a neighborhood. I haven't seen the racetrack but I'd like to make some time to.

image.png

The rear is perfect, thanks for asking. It no longer sounds like a fleet of Huey helicopters is following me but now I think I need to quiet the exhaust down some....
The jury is still out on Carlisle but I'd be surprised if I'll be able to make it this year. I have a lot going on between now and then.

I managed to snap a couple of pics at the show:
0424161321.jpg

0424161320.jpg

Indeed, there were only a handful of C-bodies there; most of them appeared to be restored, and Matt's was the only Imperial.
I think I need to quiet the exhaust down some....
Actually, I thought the car sounded great; a nice, low rumble.

Congrats Matt. Well deserved.
Is the tract there still serviceable...? I've attended many different events there but the last was almost 25 years ago.

Congrats Matt. Well deserved.
Is the tract there still serviceable...? I've attended many different events there but the last was almost 25 years ago.
I've not seen the section of track that is shown on the map so I can't say.

Congrats Matt!
I was there with mine. Nice day, a bit chilly in the AM.
What car did you have there? I don't recall seeing either of the cars in your photo garage.

Back