Detroit Gearhead Gals' 1962 300 Sport

we could be pen pals , lol . your a great gal . not many racers keep their machines as you have . would love to meet you and hear about some of the history you made . is there a book in the future of ''the battle n beautiful brutt and it driver'' . would be a great story told as you remember it . bet theres a photo album to fill in the blanks with as well . i love it , a chrysler gal that is still one .

you can't have it but maybe I will race ya!
We are both seriously outclassed...:lol:
picsart_04-15-09-44-31-jpg.121845

Thanks!
I have had that car in my life all of my life....
That's a blessing. All of my father's cars (Bowtie guy) met terrible fates: sold out from under him while in the service (55 chev), unceremoniously sent to the local scrap yard (again, while in the service, 52 Chev) ... one of my favorites was a brutal Nova he purchased new in El Paso, TX then transplanted back to CT which was never undercoated .. it went to swiss cheese pretty quickly up here and was sold .. then wrapped around a tree.
All I ever saw of these cars were photos. In the end, I have one heirloom. My fathers 1958 Gibson ES 225 guitar which was purchased for him new when he was 11 and THAT has been next to me since birth and will be next to me the day I die.

My neighbors (now both deceased) has his and hers '77 NYB's, one was brown and one was black. I remember when another late friend came home with two '78 New Yorkers. Both were factory executive cars. One was a four door and the other a coupe. He was an Electricial Engineer for Chrysler outboard in Hartford WI. He asked his sister which car she wanted and they choose the four door. My friend kept his until he died unexpectidly and his widow sold it in approx. 1991. I was going thru a divorce and could not purchase anything. A man advertised it twenty years later on Craigslist. That is now one of my nine cars today. Here is my car today:

100_0249_resized.JPG

My neighbors (now both deceased) has his and hers '77 NYB's, one was brown and one was black. I remember when another late friend came home with two '78 New Yorkers. Both were factory executive cars. One was a four door and the other a coupe. He was an Electricial Engineer for Chrysler outboard in Hartford WI. He asked his sister which car she wanted and they choose the four door. My friend kept his until he died unexpectidly and his widow sold it in approx. 1991. I was going thru a divorce and could not purchase anything. A man advertised it twenty years later on Craigslist. That is now one of my nine cars today. Here is my car today:

View attachment 122352
Wow, that is stunning.

Awww....I am so happy to have a forum... Where I can ask questions... Just like mom I want to know how to fix things myself..I am pretty knowledgeable ... There are always more questions...
We're glad to have you aboard! Such a great story behind your car. Hope you continue to stop by, the folks here have tons of knowledge and are always to help.

View attachment 122352

Pete is card carrying member of the local "You Suck! list"...:poke:

Hope the forecast changes. Look foreward to seeing you there, cuz. Haven't even looked at my car this spring so it won't be there.

Back