Differences between 68 Imperial and 72 Newport?

scorp

Reaction score
Have a friend of mine parting out his 68 Imperial and I have been trying to cross reference parts but having issues finding answers. My questions are:

Are the front discs the same? His are brand new.
Upper control arms? yet again brand new.
Complete subframe?

Thanks for any help guys.

I'm thinking no accross the board as well but if he is selling what's he asking for the Imperial parts? I may be interested.

I did find one site that listed that 65-74 have the same subframes but after 74 they were slightly different but can be made to work. I was only wondering about that piece because I am going the much hated by some air ride set up and was either going to use that frame to Z or just try and raise the cross member for more clearance.

Not sure on his prices for the parts Detmatt but I will find out. He is pretty reasonable. He sold the 440 out of it for $300CDN and I am getting the freshly rebuilt 727 from him for $300CDN. Mine has the reverse band broken and it is cheaper for me to get the rebuilt tranny from him than it is to buy the rebuild kit.

Any other specific parts you're looking for? I can find out this week for you. He still has the mirrors, trim, suspension parts. Pretty much everything but motor and tranny. It is a 2 door HT and has a louvre hood too.

They were wrong.
First, that should have said 65-73. Again, 74+ is different.
Secondly, the stub frame for the 69-73 Imps was different than the rest of the C-bodies during that period 69-73.
Forget anything about 74+.

Posted via Topify on Android

Ok good to know. Thanks commando. I noticed the front sway bar set up was definitely different and had actual end links.

I have a '67 coupe that doesn't need much but I might like to have the brake parts as spares. Maybe the torsion bar isolators if he gets that far with parting it out. Is it tilt/telescope steering?

Didn't notice if it is tilt/tele or not but I will check when I talk to him again.

Back