Do some work, finally:

I have been cutting out rust and welding in patch panels while I have been off. Before. Then after. Some work still left before I Can hang the panel. Dam, the pictures are in reverse order. parts car 001.jpgparts car 002.jpgparts car 003.jpgparts car 004.jpgparts car 004.jpgparts car 005.jpg

parts car 004.jpg

parts car 005.jpg

parts car 001.jpg

parts car 002.jpg

parts car 003.jpg

parts car 004.jpg

Good luck hanging the panel. Keep things as cool as possible,to avoid any warpage while welding. Slow and steady wins the race.

Thanks, will do. This is the panel just clamped up. The hole in the rear, yes I said that, is for the marker lights. Do you think that if I line up the holes it will put the panel in the right spot. At least for the back area.

Thanks, will do. This is the panel just clamped up. The hole in the rear, yes I said that, is for the marker lights. Do you think that if I line up the holes it will put the panel in the right spot. At least for the back area.

If I were doing it I would take measurements from the opposite side. Maybe from the door jamb back, and from the very top body line of the quarter to the top of the wheel well, and the lower body lines as well, at a few points. Tack it in place ,then stand back and study it from all angles for as long as it takes to find something wrong. When you get to the point when you can't find a problem, your done. Weld it into place.

Last edited:
Looking good. I see a Bad ***, rust free Newport in your future.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I can't drink beer while I'm working. I will screw it up, and not care. I have a new 4 1/2 grinder with new wheels to slowly grind down the welds. I do have the grinding dust everywhere, even places it shouldn't be. So far only to small flesh wounds.

Putting the quarter right around to the lower B-pillar at the original attaching Point with spot welds would have saved you a bit of grinding and evening out. If your salvage part was that large in the first place.
Keep up the good work and thumbs up. :)

Back