Do they make a trunk floor pan for a 67 Chrysler?

Always good to have Chris on here to help us out. At 80 per hour that's a 2,000 dollar labor job.

To properly cut out and install a complete trunk floor with extensions is about 24 hours labor. That includes cleaning the frame rails and all other mounting surfaces and using weld through primer on them and then dressing all the welds, caulking, priming and painting. You can flat rate one in quicker but it would mean cutting corners.

Are there any body tech schools out that way?
One.
Plus you have to have an "in".
Even with an "in", there is a two year waiting list.
Once they get it, they keep it forever.
So, I guess the answer to the question is yes.

To properly cut out and install a complete trunk floor with extensions is about 24 hours labor. That includes cleaning the frame rails and all other mounting surfaces and using weld through primer on them and then dressing all the welds, caulking, priming and painting. You can flat rate one in quicker but it would mean cutting corners.
...and you haven't even done it on your own New Yorker.....
That's my point. And the point of most other replies here.

Sidebar: Did you get the pics, Chris?

I need to install a complete trunk floor in my 68 fury. I guess I need to go to welding school... I already have a excellent used one to install.

One.
Plus you have to have an "in".
Even with an "in", there is a two year waiting list.
Once they get it, they keep it forever.
So, I guess the answer to the question is yes.

The never ending delema... time or money, never enough of either!!!

...and you haven't even done it on your own New Yorker.....
That's my point. And the point of most other replies here.

Sidebar: Did you get the pics, Chris?

My New Yorker only has surface rust, it doesn't need a new floor. Yes I did get the pictures. Sorry for not responding yet but my Mother in Law passed away on Sunday so we're in the middle of funeral stuff. The car looks good though other than the lousy repaint it had.

Anybody 'sidez me ever use the "cut it out ah bit short all the way around, flange it if and where you have to then with the new panel, drill it, screw it, 'n glue it"? 3M'z got ah 2 part mix it glue made just for body sheet metal that can be painted over. Let the glue dry and then take the Makita and burn the screw headz off and get on with it! You're gonna use body calk all around any. Jer

Anybody 'sidez me ever use the "cut it out ah bit short all the way around, flange it if and where you have to then with the new panel, drill it, screw it, 'n glue it"? 3M'z got ah 2 part mix it glue made just for body sheet metal that can be painted over. Let the glue dry and then take the Makita and burn the screw headz off and get on with it! You're gonna use body calk all around any. Jer

If you're not building a judged show car this method will work quit well. I would still make sure I did as neat and clean job as possible though. Maybe countersink the screws so they don't stick up through the caulk.

Thatz where the Makita comez in Chris. Those screw headz don't stand ah chance. I have had an issue the last couple yearz tho'. My 75 year old air driven flanging tool walked out of my play pen to who knowz where with who knowz whoz help. Try to find ah good one of those with or without wood handlez today, whimper whimper

Thatz where the Makita comez in Chris. Those screw headz don't stand ah chance. I have had an issue the last couple yearz tho'. My 75 year old air driven flanging tool walked out of my play pen to who knowz where with who knowz whoz help. Try to find ah good one of those with or without wood handlez today, whimper whimper

Ah, I gotz ya Jer, I thinkz.

Keep the hood and trunk shut at the shows. Now get out there and drive the damn thing, and quit punching holes in the trunk.

Sorry to take such a firm stance, but I'm trying to snap you back to reality.:D

what about brazing? fill the pin holes and join the patches. seal with POR or equivalent

what about brazing? fill the pin holes and join the patches. seal with POR or equivalent
Give it up. It's over.
I'm neutralizing the rust and heeding Dave's advice...

Keep the hood and trunk shut at the shows. Now get out there and drive the damn thing, and quit punching holes in the trunk.

Sorry to take such a firm stance, but I'm trying to snap you back to reality.:D

At least you can drive yours now, mines tucked away and I'm changing battery terminals on the truck while it is 9°.

Sorry its up to13°

Back