Do they make a trunk floor pan for a 67 Chrysler?

Semi permanent/temporary

Here is something to consider. If you have already sanded/wire wheeled the rust should be gone and all you have left is the pinholes. Just put a skim coat of All-Metal, or even regular filler, let it ooze through and then treat the underside with undercoating. Once the top is clean/smooth enough spray the spatter paint and it will look as good as new.

Now what is a pinhole? I might do this up to about a 3/16" hole.

My Barracuda has been on the road 7 years and I just left the pinholes in the trunk, once the trunk mat is down they are never seen.

Alan

Thanks, Alan.
My rust was way too penetrated into the steel. Very deeply pitted. I initially tried to get down to clean metal and it was impossible. The only reasonable course was to neutralize the rust and encapsulate it. Nobody will see the trunk and think it was restored. Not my aim. Just want a dry and an attractive trunk to the eyes.

21wvft.jpg

nice, slip resistant - and- no splinters! :)

Interesting process, it will look great. I didn't realize speckle paint was so expensive. I guess the days of picking up a rattle can of "trunk paint" at K Mart for 2 bucks is loooong gone. :BangHead:

I must say though, it looks like you've already spent over $100 and nearly a weeks worth of work. I think a quart of POR 15 ($50), some fiberglass mat and an afternoon is all you really needed, IMHO.

True.
But I had to do it my way... :D
Choices. It's all about choices.
Edit: Quart? Did you say quart? Try several...

The coverage is more than you think. Did all this with one quart, the trunk pan has 2 coats, took about 8 total hours, applied with a sponge brush. I did not do the patch work yet on the cabin floors.

I bought a second quart to do the stub frame, again two coats, and I have about 1/4 can left, provided it didn't harden like a rock over the winter, that I will use to finish up the patch work with fiberglass mat.

You did a great job on that using POR-15. Looks great.

I have to say that the Rustoleum is fantastic stuff.
They should rename it Trunk Pan in a Can.
This is the first coat (wet). I am more than happy on how this is turning out.
I think this was the right course for me.

2yuhb42.jpg

290sv8n.jpg

Nobody here deterred me. What I got was a lot years experience from others and I learned from them. There's some F%#@ing awesome talented minds here.

Second coat (wet). The results were excellent.
Not going to fool anyone who has seen a car or three. It's a repair. Not a restoration.
The trunk will stay dry a long as I live. And the next owner...

25flv8y.jpg

2vkexyg.jpg
hrez3t.jpg

Nice work Stan, it really looks great!

Back