Do they make a trunk floor pan for a 67 Chrysler?

To properly cut out and install a complete trunk floor with extensions is about 24 hours labor. That includes cleaning the frame rails and all other mounting surfaces and using weld through primer on them and then dressing all the welds, caulking, priming and painting. You can flat rate one in quicker but it would mean cutting corners.

So how much of the 24 hrs is welding the new floor in?

It sounds like Stan is capable of all the prep work but isn't comfortable welding it back together. He could hire a pro to weld it in and do the rest himself.

I am really interested in hearing how that C2C pan is for fit and finish.

Myself, I'm a form follows function kind of guy where the repair is out of sight and structure or concourse judging isn't a concern. I would probably grind out all the big holes and if I had the equipment, weld in patches and just plug the pinholes and POR15 it. It needs to be water, dust and exhaust fume tight.

A shiny new trunk mat covers a multitude of sins. :imho:

Kevin

If you look at the original pics, you can see three areas outlined in chalk like a murder scene body.
The largest piece would be 24 X 36 inches. Very cost efficient to ship, comparitively.

IF SOMEONE WOULD LIKE TO CUT UP THREE PIECES AS OUTLINED IN THE OPENING POST AND SELL THEM (hint - hint...)
I can easily handle everything including all the welding.

http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar...?16438-Trunk-pan-sections-from-65-68-C-bodies

If you look at the original pics, you can see three areas outlined in chalk like a murder scene body.
The largest piece would be 24 X 36 inches. Very cost efficient to ship, comparitively.

IF SOMEONE WOULD LIKE TO CUT UP THREE PIECES AS OUTLINED IN THE OPENING POST AND SELL THEM (hint - hint...)
I can easily handle everything including all the welding.

http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar...?16438-Trunk-pan-sections-from-65-68-C-bodies

the rest of it looks so thin and pitted you would have a tough time welding it

I've decided on how best to handle this and it's not restoring the trunk.
It's repairing the trunk.
And I'm going to post the progress so that all will see this is a very cost efficient alternative for a car that is a driver.

To begin with, once more here is a pic of the trunk after it was attacked with a knotted wire cup brush on a side grinder.
k36cdl.jpg

2a847r8.jpg

My Severe OCD kicked in and I researched the bejeezes out of "converting rust".
The more I researched in many forums, most of them non-automotive, the more this stuff made the most sense.sense. I won't preach or explain. You can Google it.

$25.00:

5krcid.jpg

Here it is wet. It's clear and although it's fairly thin, it still soaks into vertical surfaces.
One application, wait, and then a second application.
Here it is wet. Doesn't look different. Instructions say to let dry overnight and there will be a light gray residue.
I'll post that tomorrow.

14abh2o.jpg

FWIW, I'm driving it. :D
And I just ordered from Auto Tool World 3 tubes of SEM seam sealer for $42.00 total shipped. The only auto body supply store in the County gets $18.00 for seam sealer to the non-trade.

31rwVtlswtL.jpg

Here it is 24 hours later. The rust did indeed turn to white.

a57p95.jpg

20u3az4.jpg

I got some of this stuff, and a roll of the resin impregnated fiberglass tape used in dry walling.

1zxtszs.jpg

Here are the pinholes filled in and covered with the PC-7 and tape.

23k8rs.jpg

How are you liking that PC7 stuff?? Ive got a few pinholes in the floorboard gutters in the Cordoba. I really don't feel like cutting, and welding anymore then I really need to. lol

I'm following along with great interest!

How are you liking that PC7 stuff?? Ive got a few pinholes in the floorboard gutters in the Cordoba. I really don't feel like cutting, and welding anymore then I really need to. lol

Very long set time.
On the other hand, 4 day 100% cure. Wow. That has to be as high as 75% of real steel.

If it's just small pinholes with solid surround I'd try to weld them shut with a copper block behind it to take up excessive heat. Worked for me a couple of times.
In most cases though you'll enlarge the holes by further burning them up.

If it's just small pinholes with solid surround I'd try to weld them shut with a copper block behind it to take up excessive heat. Worked for me a couple of times.
The pinholes are there because of rust!
I have found in my amateurish experience that I can''t weld up a rusty pinhole.
Keyword: Rusty

I've done this a couple times... Usually have the same experience as below..

The pinholes are there because of rust!
I have found in my amateurish experience that I can''t weld up a rusty pinhole.
Keyword: Rusty

It is possible, but the holes always grow quite a bit bigger, then it turns into several welds, and grinds, too several hours later having a pissing match with the panel, ended with a tall drink, and still a couple really small pin holes. Lmao

Mine is a piece that was run over by trucks a lot I'm the first dummy to bend down and pick it up cost free.

Here it is this next morning. The epoxy is still semi-soft as expected.

2w4h3ye.jpg

While I wait a few more days, here's where it gets interesting. Some more research turned up talk about using this with excellent results on metal pans, regardless what the label application says. This will be the "encapuslator"

$25.00.

21wvft.jpg

mae9gw.jpg

I did a small "test" patch while the epoxy sets. 1 gallon covers 25 sq ft with two coats.

2818m74.jpg

Next, I will be ordering this stuff. $50.00. Close 'nuff...

1035sm.JPG

0981sm.JPG

Meanwhile, I'm driving it... :D

Back