Don't ever remember seeing one of these

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Seen while surfing the net.

vnyMyW4.jpg

Canadian car... A friend that is now a distant relative by way of marriage had one that they cruised around town in..

I know these cars pretty well, and I have never seen woodgrain siding on one ever in the U.S. or elsewhere. And that particular woodgrain job looks way too clumsy to be a factory rendition.

I agree, it looks strange even for a Canadian version! are there any sales brochures showing this?

It looks clumsy on some points and could be a home brew of some type. I recall seeing an Old's Cutlass about mid 1970's with a wooden rear bumper since in our area the rear aluminum sub bumper had a bad habit of corroding and the rear bumper falling off after a few years.
The carpenter or should I say craftsman did a wonderful job in recreating the rear bumper along with keeping it in full wood grain finish.
It looked really good

Seen while surfing the net.

vnyMyW4.jpg

Man ..... this car would look SOOOooooo much better without the tacky wood grain.

I'm more of a grass roots sedate wagon guy. The wood grain option is nice but a little over the top for my taste. Most of the wagons I remember from back in the day, and there were a lot of them, were the everyday mainstream family wagons.
It seems the "woody" wagon survival rate is way higher then the plain mainstream wagons.

I immediately thought Home Made, but every time I have said that, someone would throw a Canadian car out there. So I thought let the best & brightest attack it.

No woodgrain on Chrysler or Dodge of the '62 -'64 vintage, or the '65 Dodge full-sized cars. That painted-on woodgrain is cool on some cars. This is not one of them.

Back