Drop dead gorgeous BB Codoba w/5k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Ot...d47583d60&item=400628923744&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

4-20765.JPG

Museum Quality Cordoba w/ ONLY 5200 Original Miles!!

Here is a beautiful 1977 Chrysler Cordoba in like new condition inside and out. This car is a pristine example of the final year of the single headlamp Cordoba finished in stunning Sunfire Black Metallic. This car has lived its whole life in and out of private collections and has accumulated only 5200 original miles over the last 37 years, that's only 140mi per year average...UNBELIEVABLE! Don't miss your chance to own quite possibly the lowest mileage, museum quality Cordoba in existence!

-Optional 400ci V8 Engine
-Automatic Transmission
-Power Seat
-Corinthian Leather Seats
-Upgraded Alpine CD Player (Original Am/Fm Included)

-Cruise Control
-Automatic Climate Control

The exterior on the car is absolutely stunning. The Formal Black Sunfire Metallic paint is all original and looks as good as the day it rolled off the lot. The car is a solid car, and with the low miles you don't have to worry about any rust whatsoever, just see how clean all of the door jambs look! The tan top is original and in excellent condition and still very soft. All of the plastic trim and lenses are in excellent, crack-free, original condition as well. All trim is perfect and chrome shines like new with zero blemishes. The exterior of the car overall is absolutely immaculate and looks absolutely as good as the day it rolled off the lot. It is riding on the optional chrome road wheels and still retains its original Good Year Polyglass white wall tires, which are still in amazingly good condition with no cracking or dry rot.
The tan leather interior is completely original in exceptional condition. The pillow-top leather seats are in great shape and have no tares or rips and no ware at all on the driver's seat. The dash and all door panels are beautiful and crack free and look like new! The steering wheel has the original horn button and nice matching leather wrap. The seats look like they have never been sat in. All gauges and lights work correctly, even the cruise control and work great! The A/C blows ice cold and the system has been recently serviced and had a new belts and hoses installed so that the car could be driven reliably.

The trunk is also very nice original condition and has the original matching Good Year spare tire as well as all jacking equipment and tools. The original instruction stickers are also in place under the trunk lid.

Mechanically, this Cordoba runs GREAT! This car features the optional 400ci V8, which really moves this beauty. As I said before this car has been maintained religiously by the previous owners, and it was just gone through after its almost 10 years in storage. Under the hood is very clean and detailed. All surfaces and paint are correct as it left the factory with in 1977, and still look great! The car is also tight as a drum and has no fluid leaks. The car tracks straight and rides just like a Chrysler should! The car has not had to have any major work done during it lifetime and has had only the required yearly oil changes since it was never driven more than a few hundred miles per year.
The car includes original keys. Also included are all original manuals, original jack and tools, and spare tire.

All in all, this is one very nice, low mileage MOPAR. It has been professionally maintained and truly loved by its previous owners. These 70's era vehicles are becoming more and more collectible as the older ones disappear into collections, especially well maintained low mileage cars like this example. This Chrysler is the kind of condition you can enjoy everyday or save it as an investment because with the kind of condition it is and its classic body lines, it is now and will forever be a classic. This car has a clean clear Arizona Title. Any further questions please call Jon at 480-703-2337. The car is located in Sunny Scottsdale, AZ!

If that one is too expensive for your tastes.........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Ot...e8496f992&item=131073505682&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

$_57.JPG

This is a great car in great condition. This vehicle features a 318 V8 engine, automatic transmission with a floor console, RWD, A/C, power windows and leather interior. The interior is in great condition. The leather seats have been kept covered in plastic until five years ago. We condition the leather every month. The blue carpet is original. There no rips, tears or stains in the carpet. The seats are in good condition with minimal wear and tear. The vehicle has 33,843 original miles on it. The paint and striping around the vehicle are original. There is an air ride suspension on this vehicle. It runs great! The tires are new. The vehicle is garage kept and stored underneath a car cover.

Air ride?

What a beautiful car!!!!

I would make an exception to my no sunroof policy with this gem!

Have to look in the driver inner fender area for the air ride compressor.

Probably just has air shocks on it. 1977 was the high water mark for the Cordoba. First year for T-Tops, first year for the Crown roof option, 400 still available, only year of the 75-79 Cordobas that had the truck lock cover. Last year of the round headlight design, which was the cleanest in my opinion.

Last edited:
I say yes and no because I believe it was a mid-year change. But somebody always proves otherwise.

I would change the tires, get rid of the lean burn, and drive that. Way better than any other new car.

I didn't think smallblock leanburn showed up until 78 m.y. but have always been a big block guy so never really paid much attention Mr C has to know.

I didn't think smallblock leanburn showed up until 78 m.y. but have always been a big block guy so never really paid much attention Mr C has to know.

Lean burn started in late 1976 models. All 1977 and 1978 models had lean burn.

The engine compartment is black in color. Right, and if so when did Chrysler go from body color to black.

4-20833.jpg

By the way there is this out my way for the last 6 months at least. Even correct CA plates for the year.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/4215871840.html $3999
Beautiful Fully loaded 1976 Cordoba 100% Stock 80K miles
RUST FREE was in storage 25 years....
Matching Numbers...400 CU IN with 4 Barrel...Just Smogged...Tuneup-Fluids changed..Clean Title..Sun Roof (Hand Crank)...Air Conditioning...Power Seats, Power Windows, Power Steering tilt, Power Brakes... AM & FM Radio, ETC... Stock Chrome Wheels... White wall tires in good condition...New 5 mil Water Proof Cover...Service Manuals Body & Electrical
New dry cell Battery New OEM Floor mats ...831-438-7492

00u0u_hpErqROQss2_600x450.jpg

00m0m_3GTT5vRzqHS_600x450.jpg

00y0y_9mIFn55txa0_600x450.jpg

00Q0Q_WJzPMejoV2_600x450.jpg

00P0P_tRdRdrmOs8_600x450.jpg

01010_649BIbXubpx_600x450.jpg

I would change the tires, get rid of the lean burn, and drive that. Way better than any other new car.

The Lean Burn is already deactivated on this car- note the ECU on the firewall. They left the computer on the air cleaner to make the engine compartment look correct. I did this on my 77 T&C.

The engine compartment is black in color. Right, and if so when did Chrysler go from body color to black.

Chrysler never went to non-body colour engine compartments. The car's body is Black metallic, therefore the engine compartment on this car is too. More trivia- 1977 was the only year Chrysler offered a metallic Black from the factory.

Did the 318 in the 76 come with lean burn?

No. Lean Burn started in 76 on some 400s mid year, depending on the emissions areas (aka high altitude and California).

The B and RB engines were LB'd first because they were harder to get to comply with the new emissions rules. The LA engines and Slant 6 didn't get LB until 78...and again it depended on the region. Also Trucks had different regulations vs cars, so if the engine was in a truck and it was in an emissions "loose" region, it may not have had LB.
I'm not positive, but I think that even the trucks were all LB'd from 79 on.

Chrysler never went to non-body colour engine compartments. The car's body is Black metallic, therefore the engine compartment on this car is too. More trivia- 1977 was the only year Chrysler offered a metallic Black from the factory.

That color is black metallic in that picture? I'll need to borrow Stan's glasses to check on that as I need a closer look.

That color is black metallic in that picture? I'll need to borrow Stan's glasses to check on that as I need a closer look.

Think the area of the engine compartment including the fender tag panel is treated with some protective coat like Ziebart or Dinol Tuff Cote, got this stuff in one car as well and Stan's car has this treatment as well IIRC. The metallic effect along the lowest part of the pic is clearly visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back