Dust Shield Clips

live4theking

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Not sure this is the right place for this question, but here goes.

I ordered A-arm dust shields from Vans Auto for my 68 New Yorker. The shields look okay, but the clips are completely wrong. See below.

IMG_4974.jpg
What they sent are the staple looking things. Where can I get the right clips? Unfortunately I've not been able to find the right clip.

The dust shields for A & B bodies in Classic Industries have the right clips.

Would someone please post a picture of the A-arm shield installed so I have something to go off of. Mine were totally shot.

Thanks

IMG_4974.jpg

I shouldn't have cried wolf so quick. I found the clips on Year One.

I still need the pictures to help with installing them, because part of them extend out into the wheel well.

Thanks

Line up the holes on the rubber with the holes on the inner fender and insert the pins.

I think I would have called Vans and let them know you needed the right clips. They should be with the shields

I purchased a bag of 25 at NAPA for under $6.00

I was just at my local NAPA tonight. The closest thing they had would've torn the holes in the shields because of how large they were. Do you have a part #?

I think I would have called Vans and let them know you needed the right clips. They should be with the shields

I've emailed back and forth with them a number of times. Whoever is on the other end has a serious attitude problem.

Thanks, John :yourock:this looks like the best option right now. Considerable less than what Year One wants for them. I don't know why I could find these last night. I ordered my spindle seals from these folks the other day, I wish I would've known I'd need these too.

Thanks everyone.

Ummm.. $18.25 for a set of 25???

I think that's a little "pricey" too... But his prices are usually pretty fair and sometimes you just gotta pay. I don't know if that is something he is having made or is sourcing a standard hardware item.

73 cents apiece.

I think that's a little "pricey" too... But his prices are usually pretty fair and sometimes you just gotta pay. I don't know if that is something he is having made or is sourcing a standard hardware item.

73 cents apiece.

Year One is $1.99 each and who knows how much for shipping.

I think I'll wait to see if MOVE N UP comes through with a Napa part #.

665-2829 BALKAMP trim panel fasteners the heads are nearly the same size , but the legs are a bit longer....they worked fine for me - with no rips! new clip on the left / old clip on the right !!IMG_5663.jpg

IMG_5663.jpg

On sale for $4.95 a bag of 25.

A bit cheaper... not quite the same (but will work just fine) and not stainless.

Even better yet. I called Van's yesterday afternoon and actually got to talk to Duane one of the owners. He was sincerely apologetic for how rudely I had been treated. He didn't even think of making an excuse for the individual.

I sent him directly the pictures of the wrong clips. I got an email from him today that he was sending me the correct clips. A real stand up guy and he still knows what customer service is.

Was going to recommend DMT but you beat me to it. When I buy their shields they come with a full set of clips.

Back