Edelbrock 1411 off idle stumble

PicsArt_08-02-02.32.50.jpg

I don't see a spring.

PicsArt_08-03-09.26.47.jpg

Thanks Stan, I have those diagrams. I'm sure the correct spring could take the place of the weight.

Now I'm getting the concept.
It's a spring and a ball OR a weight and a ball.
And you can make adjustments by changing the ball and/or the spring/weight.
And a spring would be an earlier design?

a101a.JPG

Also read somewhere that Herb McCandless said to just throw away the weight/spring altogether.

Last edited:
i had type 1 / type A in that pic ^^ the squared off niblet and ball bearing.

commando i dunno which came first, the spring or the weight :)

42 !

- saylor

Both my 1406 and 1411 are around 4 years old.

The point is, you probably can cure the stumble by using lighter weights.
Or you can keep shaving the existing weight until you get the desired results.
To use technical terms, it's called fiddling.

They're easy enough to work on that's for sure.

Washington state car with Washington state goodies.

Everybody can remove their springs and weights from on top of your balls in these carbs, Herb was right! Now that I think about it I do remember taking this same advice a while back and got rid of the one in the 1406. Now that the spring is out of the 1411 it has shown a marked improvement with more steady power all the way to cruising speed. Between that and drilling out the nozzles it feels like a completely different carb.:thumbsup:

Everybody can remove their springs and weights from on top of your balls in these carbs, Herb was right! Now that I think about it I do remember taking this same advice a while back and got rid of the one in the 1406. Now that the spring is out of the 1411 it has shown a marked improvement with more steady power all the way to cruising speed. Between that and drilling out the nozzles it feels like a completely different carb.:thumbsup:

Mighty fine! I was very skeptical regarding Herb's advice.

This is interesting. I bought a used 1406 a while ago (I'm cheap like that) and I noticed the spring was missing... So I put it back together with the spring.

I have a TQ on the 300 right now and I've been going to do the manifold swap... But.... Geez.. the car runs so good with the TQ...

Back